Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Typical FA - Double Standards

Options
  • 04-03-2008 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

Frank Lampard has his red card rescinded following appeal from Chelsea.

This, a week after Aliadere had his suspension increased by one game following an appeal from Middlesborough because the FA deemed Boro's appeal to be 'frivolous'

Earlier this season, the FA refused Robbie Keane a hearing and also rejected and appeal for Zokora, when on each occasion tv showed neither were in the wrong.

Is it because Lampard plays for Chelsea and of course an England regular?

Makes you wonder. Not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭RingoSpur

It really gets to me. Its definately one rule for those four clubs and another for the rest. What i can't understand is that before fat frank pushed boa morte they both tried to kick each other. Lampard kicked out at boa morte with both feet. And now the f.a. think that is less serious or is less likely to cause harm to another player than aliadiare's little slap. I'm sure that if it were another team the f.a. woldn't entertain the appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I could not believe this when i heard it today, it stinks, one rule for them another for the rest.:confused:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Grim tidings alright, only serves to alienate the FA from the fans even further too. Should be an independant body and not the FA that takes care of all these things. That same body should investigate every match and had out bans for diving and off-the-ball stuff that a reff may miss.

Advertisement