Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Decree on a debt.[No Legal Advice.]

• 04-03-2008 3:48pm

Hi Guys

Just looking for some advise....or to see if anyone else hase been in my situation.

Very long story shot....I had a loan for 26k
    Now its down to 20...for a few different reasons I havnt paid every month for the past while. The debt has been passed to a solicitor from BOI.

Now, the solicitor has entered a judgement, without telling me a date or anything for court, so I can try and explain my situation.

Now theres a decree out to a county sheriff to collect the debt from me by siezing goods.

Few questions...

1) Is there any way I can change this and maybe get an installment order?

2) Can they just come into the house I live in and take anything...I am renting a house with 2 others, can they take the Landlords stuff or my housemates stuff?

3) Theres no way I have anything to the value ot 2grand, let alone 20grand, so if they took just a few things...would they have to declare the rest of the debt a write off?

Either way.....your guidance and or views on this would be much appreciated.

And before anyone says it, yes, it's my own fault for not paying the loan, and I accept that....my screw up :o just need advise for the situation I'm in now!

Thanks a mill guys !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Talk to a solicitor. Legal advice cannot be given out on this forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement