Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Red Card Appeal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

to be fair it was never a red card, and makelele challenge was much worse and he got off scot free by the way, same game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

sigh typical he couldnt just deal with it and take his suspension like a man, typoical chelski player!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

sigh typical he couldnt just deal with it and take his suspension like a man, typoical chelski player!:rolleyes:

It shouldnt have been a sending off, why accept it?

Stekelly wrote: »

if it was any other player id agree with you but i dont like lamps for some reason he just annoys me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

if it was any other player id agree with you but i dont like lamps for some reason he just annoys me!

So you reckon that Lampard should have accepted the ban... because he "just annoys you".

• Advertisement

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    So you reckon that Lampard should have accepted the ban... because he "just annoys you".

yup, exactly! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Stekelly wrote: »

yes, he should have. He kicked out when trying to rake his boots down the west ham player (if you didn't want to kick off, you would roll out - he didn't so he MENT to kick out) then he shoved the guy when the west ham player did the same. Violent conduct - should have been red.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Seriously, no1s interested in this kind of post.

DSB wrote: »
    Seriously, no1s interested in this kind of post.

oh come on it was a joke, people take things WAY too seriosuly now a days! but lets be honest if you were to apply the letter of the law it was a red (obviously the FA disagree-wonder why) he kicked out and if you look in the rule book anything like that is an automatic red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55301889#post55301889

this has also been discussed here earlier, by such idiots like me!
    i thought they would have upheld the red card considering the recent Aliadiere judgement....but obviously consistancy is a bit much to ask for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

gucci wrote: »
    but obviously consistancy is a bit much to ask for.

You will never get consistancy with these situations, Its a different appeal panel every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Yeah, one rule for the big boys... Another for the rest...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Yeah, one rule for the big boys... Another for the rest...

bitter much?

Well the facts speak for themselves...

Boro's case with aliadiere gets an extra game for appealing. 4 games in total and the FA describe it as frivolous appeal??

Chelsea appeal lampard's red card and it gets struck off.

Both for silly offenses, which according to the rules are both red cards....

Well the facts speak for themselves...

Boro's case with aliadiere gets an extra game for appealing. 4 games in total and the FA describe it as frivolous appeal??

Chelsea appeal lampard's red card and it gets struck off.

Both for silly offenses, which according to the rules are both red cards....

AFAIK

Lampard was sent off because the linesman thought he slapped the west ham player in the face, it was nothing to do with the stamp after he fell. It subsequently turned out that he didnt slap Luis in the face, but in fact shoved him in the shoulder (if i'm not mistaken). Therefore when Chelsea appealled it, the red card had been issued for an offence that didnt actually occur, so the FA overturned it.

Aliadiere was sent off for slapping Mascherano in the face. After the game Gareth Southgate said that the ref was right to send Aliadiere off. Then Middlesborough decided to appeal the decision. This is why it was deemed frivilous. They appealled an offence that did happen and that their manager had admitted was a deserved red card.

So the two cases are quite different.

But if youd prefer to think that Wenger, Grant, Benitez and Ferguson sit in their ivory tower with the FA plotting on how to belittle the (very careful about this)"smaller" clubs. Fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

Look no one thinks lampard is a bigger mu**et than me,but there is no way in hell that was a red card

Mr Alan wrote: »
    AFAIK

This is where your argument falls down...

This is where your argument falls down...

show me that i'm wrong.

otherwise, i'll presume i'm right and you're just bitter.

the onus is on u to prove there is a conspiracy in place. not on me.

:D:D:D:D ah man... you are a comedy genius...

There is nothing to back up your post and you want me to prove it for you?

Bitter??? Grow up....

I've backed it up.

Middlesborough appealed Aliadieres red card after he slapped Mascherano in the face and his manager admitted that he deserved to be sent off for it.

Chelsea appealled Lampards red card after he shoved Boa Morte on the shoulder and got a red card.

No conspiracy- one was a frivilous appeal and the other was a justified one.

Your the one claiming that there is one rule for the big boys and another for the "smaller" teams. This case shows no such thing.

• Advertisement

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I've backed it up.

Middlesborough appealed Aliadieres red card after he slapped Mascherano in the face and his manager admitted that he deserved to be sent off for it.

Chelsea appealled Lampards red card after he shoved Boa Morte on the shoulder and got a red card.

No conspiracy- one was a frivilous appeal and the other was a justified one.

Your the one claiming that there is one rule for the big boys and another for the "smaller" teams. This case shows no such thing.

Southgate did not admit that he deserved to be sent off. He said the following:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11680_3194487,00.html
    Sky Sports wrote:
    Despite refusing to introduce a blame culture where his players are concerned, the Boro boss was less than pleased with referee Lee Mason's handling of the match - claiming 'young' referees should not be given games at some of the high-profile venues like Anfield.

"I've got to say if we keep getting young referees at big grounds like this we will keep getting a lot of bookings," said Southgate, who saw seven of his players booked at Liverpool.

"They are less tolerant than a more experienced official so we've got to take that on the chin a bit. But we've got to learn as well that we have to be a bit smarter in the way we go into challenges."

Southgate admitted that he found it strange that Mascherano did not see red along with Aliadiere.

"I only want to talk about my player, and if you raise your hands away from home with a young referee there is not much alternative that he is going to go," he said.

He says that referees are more likely to make this decision, but he never said he deserved it. A more experienced ref would have told the two of them to kop on and would have gotten on with it...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11680_3195004,00.html
    Sky Sports wrote:
    Middlesbrough have appealed against the red card handed out to Jeremie Aliadiere at the weekend.

Boro boss Gareth Southgate admitted that he thought the dismissal was harsh after the French striker clashed off the ball with Liverpool's Javier Mascherano.

The Teesside club have now lodged an appeal of wrongful dismissal with the FA.

The FA's regulatory commission will now consider the appeal on Tuesday.

Boro will hope Aliadiere can win his appeal in order for him to be available for their FA Cup fifth round replay clash with Sheffield United on Wednesday.

I love the way you keep on quoting "smaller" in all your posts just because I'm an Everton supporter... :p

A more experienced ref would have told the two of them to kop on and would have gotten on with it...

ye i agree with this, i think it was handbags stuff and the ref was a bit card happy as a lot of refs seem to be atm!

i watched the match. Southgate, in his interview with Shreeves afterwards said that if you raise your hand to strike an opponent you're going to get sent off. He may have backtracked after and gone on about referees, but he said he had no complaints when Shreeves asked him directly after the match. I'd imagine this is the reason Aliadiere got the extra game as opposed to just having his appeal denied.

You're the one refering to the others as the "big boys", wat would you like to refer to the smaller clubs as?!

Seriously you are obviously interested only in flaming. You entered this thread with a reply "Bitter Much?" to my post.

There have been numerous occasions where teams or players from teams with more clout have had situations brushed under the carpet etc, no matter it be from the FA or whoever...

Micheal Essien had a red card appeal and it was rejected, but it wasn't marked as 'frivilous' and no extra game was added....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/middlesbrough/7263735.stm

Micheal Essien had a red card appeal and it was rejected, but it wasn't marked as 'frivilous' and no extra game was added...

Quick guess, but i'm guessing Mourinho/Grant didnt say in an interview after the match where Essien was sent off, that he deserved to go?

again your comparison is not the same. so of course their appeal wasnt deemed frivilous, it was deemed wrong and was rejected though.

not only interested in flaming. just hate all this, "oh the big clubs pick on all the smaller clubs" ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Surely there must be a video or report of soutgate saying this then. Surely if it was part of the reason for the extra game ban then that would have been brought up somewhere. I personally seen a southgate interview where he said it was a harsh sending off.

Obviously very few of us would know the exact specifics of franks sending off and appeal but to me it seemed like nearly every appeal this season has been denied until this (Think bowyer had his overturned).

Advertisement