Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bearded Dragons

Options
  • 04-03-2008 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

Thinking of getting a bearded dragon as a pet. advice would be welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 just_stevo

in my opion snakes are 100 times more interesting and fun to keep..and you wont need to keep horrible lookin insects to feed them..

if you do get a beardie get 2 of them and buy a large tank from the start as starting with a small tank will just cost you more money!!!also you should buy all the equipment be4 you buy the animal...talk to ben in reptile haven or the guy in boardwalk pets (stay away from whackers)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 mand123

My mum bought a beardie for my little bro (14) It was very small he was a lovely little thing heard a couple of important things about substrate. The guy in the petshop recommended bark mulch. NO GOOD due to bacteria build up. Then sand even the ones recommended for reptiles not suitable for small beardies as it can cause impaction. I recently thought a good idea may be astro turf as its easily cleaned and cant be swallowed. Heat must be properly monitered as is uv lighting suitable for ur tank.Diet must be varied including plenty of vegetation crickets and bugs need only be fed every couple of days, they must be small enough to fit into its mouth if any bigger may cause obstruction. If you have any more questions a heres a link to a good resource
    http://www.repticzone.com/forums/BeardedDragons-General/index.html
    Hope it helps

Advertisement