Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[BT ADSL] Disconnection when phone rings

Options
  • 04-03-2008 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭

Ok I've had BT broadband since they first offered it as a free trial, still using the old wired modem they sent me (am I due an upgrade, it's been years?) anyway the problem remains the same since the very beginning...

Broadband is on...Phone rings...Broadband is cut off.

I have to fix this problem fast, especially now with Xbox live, can you imagine the pain of being kicked off a game because your phone is ringing?

So please help me kind people.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Read the FAQ - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54381143&postcount=6

also I've edited the thread title so its more relevant in-line with the charter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Do you have filters attached to your phone points?

If so it must be a wiring problem, get an engineer to look at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Well, I didn't have the filter in the right way, I was using it as an extension, it's all in right now, so we shall see.

Thanks for the help.

Advertisement