Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On Hold device

Options
  • 04-03-2008 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

Folks, I have a siemens phone system with analog and digital ports for our phone system. I'm told I can use an analog port for on hold marketing/music etc. Anyone any idea's on the hardware I'd need to make this happen?
    All help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

pablo21 wrote: »
    Folks, I have a siemens phone system with analog and digital ports for our phone system. I'm told I can use an analog port for on hold marketing/music etc. Anyone any idea's on the hardware I'd need to make this happen?
    All help greatly appreciated.
    A CD, CD Player that can replay and output the music. More than likely a 3.5mm Jack input on the phone system?

Or you can use one of those MOH Mp3 players:

http://www.twacomm.com/catalog/model_MSG-64M.htm?sid=F649ED47FA5E1E11BCECA0F392EB5EFE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

From reading other posts...That media server your planning on installing will prob have an audio out on it .or as above use a cdplayer make sure you get one that can play cd rw as you may end up making your cd.. 3.5 mm mono jack plug. Also there may well be some system programming required as you will have to tell it to use an external source for MOH.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

JohnnieM wrote: »
    From reading other posts...That media server your planning on installing will prob have an audio out on it .or as above use a cdplayer make sure you get one that can play cd rw as you may end up making your cd.. 3.5 mm mono jack plug. Also there may well be some system programming required as you will have to tell it to use an external source for MOH.

THats for my house I'm afraid, the on hold equipment is for the workplace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

as above minus media server:D

Advertisement