Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peeing on toilet seats

Options
  • 04-03-2008 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭

It seems to happen more and more recently but what is with all the people peeing on toilet seats? And I'm not talking about the guys here. These are in ladies only toilets such as in the cinema and work.

Was in Cineworld recently and heard a girl in the next cublicle talking to her friend and saying "I'm hovering cos everyone pees on the seat"-talk about a self fulfilling prophecy!

So is hovering really that common? Have women become afraid to sit down?

Do you sit on public toilet seats? 70 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    Yes, once I've wiped it with some toilet paper
    18% 13 votes
    Yes but only after I've put plenty of toilet paper on the seat
    60% 42 votes
    No
    21% 15 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

I only ever hover if theres no loo roll and then I can manage to get it into the big hole in the middle so I dont pee on the seat....

Wow, this a problem for women now too?!! Thats disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Wow, this a problem for women now too?!! Thats disgusting
    Aye.

They'll be leaving the seat up next. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

There's always plenty of toilet paper in work and yet there seems to be at least one person who hovers and misses the hole. Only that this is in a single sex toilet, the guys would be getting the blame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

If it's somewhere where i know the toilets are cleaned regularly i will sit

If it's somewhere where the toilets are manky, i just won't. I always check the toilet after I've used it to make sure everythings ok and the same before I use it.If it's in someones house or I've used the bathroom lets say after my brother, I won't use it until it's clean.. sorry to be crude but if there's skid marks, i just can't use it, i have to clean it!!

I just don't get how women can leave toilets in such a state.. tampax wrappers everywhere etc... now i accept that those bins are very often not kept well but peeing on seats...come on!!!

• Advertisement

smashey wrote: »
    Aye.

They'll be leaving the seat up next. :D

ROFL! :D:D

Touché!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Hovering is far too much work

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

I hate peeing in public toilets so much but when you have to go you have to go.

I have noticed the toilets have gotten worse with pee all over most of the seats, I would normally keep trying cubicals until I found one half decent with no pee on the seat.

I cant under stand either how girls can just walk out of toilets without washing their hands. EUGH!

Toilet etiquette and hygiene standards seem to be decreasing but I don't think these people would do the same at home. Maybe that it's a public place and knowing that they won't have to clean it up makes them not care?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

I blame the really convincing trannies!

• Advertisement

/eve looks around office to determine which woman is really a guy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

It's noting new, it's being going on for centurys even before they had toilets.The public toilets in most supermarkets i have being to are well kept and cleaned every half hr or so ,well the mens anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Hovering is such a Chore when youve had a few..nothing worse than when youre in the queue and the loo you get is the one that has been sprayed with pee by the lady ahead of you just cos she hovered but not very well..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ThatGal

all i'm gonna say about hovering is; toilets at ******..........i'll be shocked if anyone sat on them.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Worked in Bar, Lounge etc type place when I was younger. The ladies was always the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Orlee wrote: »
    Hovering is far too much work
    Hovering is such a Chore
    Nearly as bad as Hoovering! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

My mother taught my niece how to do "the hover pee" While in a public toilet.

My little niece came to me all excited and said "did you know granny pees like a horse?" standing up!!

Personally from my experience in bars and restaurants in general. The ladies is a far nastier place than the gents. Why? god knows. People certainly would not treat thier own property with such disrespect. Ive seen it all from sh1t wiped on the wall to my all time classic....

A lady came into the bar (before we were open about 11am) and asked to use the toilets. Told her it was ok and not to slip on just washed floor. A customer complained about 1pm that the toilets were "a disgrace" and i was brought the cleaner in to check what was wrong. The 11am lady obvioulsy had some sort of "bug" diohrea and vomit from cubicle floor, walls, main sink ....you name it. Can anyone imagine leaving that mess and walking out saying thank you very much? What a job cleaning that was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Ah this is another reason why I never leave home without my trusty baby wipes! :D

As for girls not washing their hands, I've seen that a lot too. A lot of girls don't so they won't wash off their fake tan. Puke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

The male dog has it sussed ,just cock a leg and hit the spot :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Yeah, I know lots of girls who hover because they truly believe it's possible to catch diseases (herpes is one that comes to mind!) from toilet seats.

Give me a break! What about the person who has to deal with the pee covered seat afterwards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mydarkstar

many girls I know hover, it's not difficult, and none have ever confessed to having a bad aim. And if you did then common decency should oblige you to mop up after yourself!!

You think pee on the seat is bad? Unfortunately there's at least one user of our ladies loo in work who hovers with exceptionally bad aim... and specifically a bad aim when it comes to no.2's. You can only imagine how gross it is to find **** staring back at you from the bathroom floor.:(
    They dont make polite "please wash your hands etc" signs for these occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I absolutely always hover in public places.. And clean up after if theirs any splashes.

I let a traveller woman use the toilets in our job a while ago, cos she looked like she was gonna go on the floor. When I say she destroyed the place I mean it was actually disgusting. It was a no. 2 and it was on the walls and floor. Couldn't believe it. Our poor cleaner vomited whilst cleaning it up. I felt so bad:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

Gauge wrote: »
    Yeah, I know lots of girls who hover because they truly believe it's possible to catch diseases (herpes is one that comes to mind!) from toilet seats.

Give me a break! What about the person who has to deal with the pee covered seat afterwards?

:o It's not that I TRULY believe u can catch diseases.... but i ain't taking the chance! I've perfected the art of hovering though and I'd never leave pee on a seat!

I don't understand how people can walk out of a toilet and leave it in a mess. There's no excuse. I'm embarassed for them. Have they no shame? Esp on a night out when there's a queue and you know people will be going in after you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Ladies, if you can pardon my interference,the trick with hovering is to face inwards.

That way you have a bigger target,nothing cold hoppin off your arse,and a less difficult "spread" due to the contours of the commode.
    Gives a better "angle of attack" so to speak.

Try it next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Ladies, if you can pardon my interference,the trick with hovering is to face inwards.

That way you have a bigger target,nothing cold hoppin off your arse,and a less difficult "spread" due to the contours of the commode.
    Gives a better "angle of attack" so to speak.

Try it next time.

there is the issue of knickers and pants getting caught when facing inwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

:o

Of course!!.. The knickers and pants inhibit the leg spread like fetters or leg irons, and as the "overhang" is to the back would not work.

Forget that theory, well and truly shot down, Sorry gals.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

this is a question for the hovering bridgage

How in gods name do you manage to pee all over the seat, not just the front part but the 360 degrees. i have to say i am impressed with this

but worse then pee on the seat is the period pee - that bloody pee. was in the porterhouse a few weeks ago and got greeted by this. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

I'd wipe the seat before if i had the intention of sitting down.

and if i do hover (coz some toilets are just too Gacky to contemplate sitting!!) i wipe the seat after me regardless of whether my aim went a little off or not. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

irishbird wrote: »
    this is a question for the hovering bridgage

How in gods name do you manage to pee all over the seat, not just the front part but the 360 degrees. i have to say i am impressed with this

but worse then pee on the seat is the period pee - that bloody pee. was in the porterhouse a few weeks ago and got greeted by this. :eek:

OMG thats totally disgusting!! :eek:

I don't know how ppl get pee all over the seat unless maybe they're drunk and staggering?!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

You know what bugs me with toilet seats?
    Use the toilet, flush the toilet.
    Water splashes up onto toilet seat.
    Looks like you've pi55ed it.
    Wipe it.
    Toilet roll in the toilet makes it look like you haven't flushed it.
    So you flush it again. And pray to god the same thing doesnt keep effin happening.

It bothers me a lot.
    And no, if I can avoid public toilets, I will. Esp pubs, cause i've seen what happens in them on saturday nights!

Advertisement