Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peeing on toilet seats

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

I know an interior designer who as part of the requirements for a Dublin city pub/ late pub was to design the sinks in the ladies toilets in such a way that it was not possible to wee in them.

So therefore toilet sees are not the only thing you need to worry about.

Also do you touch the door handle on leaving the toilet?

just to top it off
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16033465

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

I know an interior designer who as part of the requirements for a Dublin city pub/ late pub was to design the sinks in the ladies toilets in such a way that it was not possible to wee in them.

So therefore toilet sees are not the only thing you need to worry about.

Also do you touch the door handle on leaving the toilet?

just to top it off
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16033465
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

oh. my. god.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭dewsbury

In some cases it is young children that leave toilets untidy.

Not all cases but some cases!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 206 ✭✭Creachadóir

I witnessed the above taking place in a bar in America. There were two cubicles in the bar, one had a girl passed out in it, and the other was for general use....hence a long queue. In fairness to the sinkuser, she asked was it ok first. I was gobsmacked and didn't know what to say. I think I just had my mouth open in shock.

I always wipe then sit then flush. Then I wipe the seat that probably has some splashback from the flush, then I pop that toilet roll into the sanitary bin. Then I scrub my hands. Yuck, hate thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mikeindublin

bunch of mingin' bitches.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I've heard that in the college of surgeons a generation ago they had awful problems with the toilets. Turned out to be foreign students used to squat toilets and using water instead of toilet paper. They just got in some squat toilets , problem sorted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

tbh, wipe the seat and sit on it. hovering is far too much effort and makes too much of a mess. if you do insist on hovering, the seat lifts up, and you wont be spraying on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

:eek:

Spraying!!!

Can you gals not....erm... adjust the nozzle.

Like those dial things on hoses??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Why do people hover over public toilet seats? Has anyone ever caught something from sitting on a toliet seat? Some people are way too delicate for their own good. The piss is all over them because of the dirtbirds who won't sit on the seat.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

My understanding is that you can't catch AIDS from a toiled, but that you can catch hepatitis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 dantheman23

how do women manage to pee on toilet seats thought that was a bloke thing, it is horrible tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

I'm shocked. I always thought the ladies, no matter where it was, to be spotless. Never would I have imagined the type of goings on I've read about in this thread.

I laughed at the word hover btw. I've never heard it used in that sense before. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

where i work we check the toilets at least once an hour, usually every half an hour. its a kids place so usually theyre quite messy, the girls usually are worse, toiletpaper all over the floor. the boys is bad too, worst had to be one day a dad went in to the toilet with his son, i was cleaning the other 2, i came back out pi$$ all over the floor even though his dad was helping him! you would be surprised the amount of people who just dont bother flushing the toilet, disgusting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

kateos2 wrote: »
    where i work we check the toilets at least once an hour, usually every half an hour.

if your that bored at work, try crosswords or soduko:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Babette08

I dunno - it's second nature to me to hover - don't really spend much time thinking about it. Just don't like the idea of sitting on something god knows how many people have been sitting on before. Lift seat and hover - no big deal..good for the calf muscles ;). How can there be any drops left behind? if so...wipe.

Worst case scenario - have been standing all night in stilletos - wipe seat really well or line with toilet roll if still sober :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Babette08

Emailed today...
    Which one of yee toilet sitting girls was this??? :D

Woman sat on toilet for two years
    US authorities are considering charges in the case of a woman who sat on her boyfriend's toilet for two years and was stuck to the seat when the boyfriend finally called police.
    Sheriff Bryan Whipple, in Ness City, Texas, said it appeared the 35-year-old woman's skin had grown around the seat.
    She initially refused emergency medical services but was finally convinced by police, medical officers and her boyfriend that she needed to be checked out at a hospital.
    "We pried the toilet seat off (the toilet) with a pry bar and the seat went with her to the hospital," Sheriff Whipple said. "The hospital removed it."
    Whipple said investigators planned to present their report to the county attorney in Ness City, Texas, who will determine whether any charges should be filed against the woman's 36-year-old boyfriend.
    "She was not glued. She was not tied. She was just physically stuck by her body," Sheriff Whipple said.
    "It is hard to imagine. ... I still have a hard time imagining it myself."
    The boyfriend told investigators he brought his girlfriend food and water, and asked her every day to come out of the bathroom.
    "And her reply would be, 'Maybe tomorrow'," Sheriff Whipple said. "According to him, she did not want to leave the bathroom."
    The boyfriend called police on February 27 to report that "there was something wrong with his girlfriend", Sheriff Whipple said, adding that he never explained why it took him two years to call.
    Police found the clothed woman sitting on the toilet, her sweat pants down to her mid-thigh. She was "somewhat disoriented," and her legs looked like they had atrophied, Sheriff Whipple said.
    "She said that she didn't need any help, that she was OK and did not want to leave," he said.
    She was reported to be in fair condition at a hospital in Wichita, about 240 kilometres south-east of Ness City.
    Sheriff Whipple said she refused to co-operate with medical providers or law enforcement investigators.
    Authorities said they did not know if she was mentally or physically disabled.
    Police declined to release the couple's names, but the house where authorities say the incident happened is listed in public records as the residence of Kory McFarren. No one answered his home phone number.
    The case has been the buzz of Ness City, said James Ellis, a neighbour.
    "I don't think anybody can make any sense out of it," he said.
    Mr Ellis said he had known the woman since she was a child but that he had not seen her for at least six years.
    He said she had a tough childhood after her mother died at a young age and apparently was usually kept inside the house as she grew up.
    At one time the woman worked for a long-term care facility, he said, but he did not know what kind of work she did there.
    "It really doesn't surprise me," Mr Ellis said.
    "What surprises me is somebody wasn't called in a bit earlier."

I always hover and clean up afterwards if needs be.

I don't know about hepatitis but I do know of a woman who picked up MRSA sitting on a hospital loo.

What gets me more are the manky types who don't wash their hands, or do the three-second rinse afterwards. And people wonder why the vomiting bug spreads like wildfire....

Advertisement