Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Memory stick

• 04-03-2008 6:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭

I bought a pro duo memory stick off ebay. It's a 4G stick that's marked as 8G (I got my money back). The 4G part works, but the PSP (and df) recognise it as 8G when it's really only 4G.

What I was wondering is: Is there a unix tool that will help me to mark the stick as (correctly) only 4G?

Testdisk recognises that the memory stick is only 4G.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

blockdev should be able to help you, its pretty low level stuff tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Hmmmm. Blockdev seems to only have get options. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

So it does, mine has some set options but none that are of any use to you. Ah well, worth a try. Why cant you just make a 4gig partition on the block device?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Just got back from holidays. That's a good idea actually. I wonder how the PSP will deal with that. I'll try it later and report back.

Advertisement