Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

03 Honda Civic 1.4 Mpg

• 04-03-2008 6:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

Hello all first time posting in this forum :-)
    I just bought a new (well it’s new to me) civic last week, but i have noticed that it is a lot heavier on petrol than my old 96 1.4 civic.

Anyone here with same model (2003 3door hatch 1.4s)? If so you would you mind posting your MPG? I reckon I’m only getting about 33(ish)

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

i dunno an actuall figure but i find it to be better on petrol than the older ones., ive had a few older civics myself and they drank it compared to the one i have at the moment.,

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

jessy wrote: »
    I just bought a new (well it’s new to me) civic last week, but i have noticed that it is a lot heavier on petrol than my old 96 1.4 civic.

Anyone here with same model (2003 3door hatch 1.4s)? If so you would you mind posting your MPG? I reckon I’m only getting about 33(ish)

Thanks

Was i the only one to read that headline as "03 Honda Civic doing 1.4 Mpg" ??
    :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Thanks

My father had one of these and was getting mid 30s.

The 03 Civic is a heavier car than your old 96 Civic, generally each new model gets bigger and heavier due to being loaded with more safety features. This in turn makes them heavier on fuel.

Also when was the last time the 2003 Civic was serviced? Things like a new air filter, checking having your tyres inflated to the manufacture's recommendations, etc can have a bareing on fuel consumption.

Another thing is that you have just bought the car so you are getting used to driving it so mpg might be a bit off, give yourself a few weeks of getting used to the car before judging what type of mpg your getting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

i checked earlier on and got 38mpg on mine.,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

I drive a 97 1.4 3dr civic, only just started to check my mpg and on my last fill I got 42.7, which is pretty good I think, that does include two trips from dublin to dundalk and some other motorway driving too, so I wouldn't always expect to get that much.

I'll update after another tank full or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Thanks

I had a 3 door 04 model a few years back. 33(ish) MPG sounds about right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 dooardbhoy

I have a 97 civic 1.4 and am getting 43mpg which i was surprised about, thought it was mid 30's, great cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭evanSpiddal

I have a 2002 model and i average about 41 MPG

Advertisement