Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a good website for finding jobs abroad?

Options
  • 04-03-2008 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

Mainly just in Europe, I should have a Higher cert in computer programming by the summer and was just wondering what it could get me over the summer

I can only speak English though, but i was thinking it may not matter that much in an I.T job

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Probably more of an Abroad question, so moved there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭deco05ie

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Probably more of an Abroad question, so moved there :)
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

it would definitely help to have the language of the country you'd like to go to. I had italian, and got a job for a few years with an italian software company. Having native English is an advantage yes, but you;d have a better chance if you have the local lingo? How are you going to do your interview? work with colleagues? answer the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭man1

Try in holland as you won't really need english there. Have a look at http://www.adecco.nl/information_bl.asp
    Also I have heard that firms in sweden take a lot of english speakers without swedish if they are good enough.
    Good luck.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I use Monster to check out possible jobs in Ireland and I'm pretty sure that they cover most zeuropean countries though I don't know what level they normally start out advertising for.

Holland, Denmark, Sweden are typical countries where you can get by nicely with English.

• Advertisement
Advertisement