Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How much is this worth as a trade in??

Options
  • 04-03-2008 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

I am currently driving a 03 Opel Vectra 1.8 GTS Elegance Hatchback with 47000 miles; 17 inch alloys, leather interior, basically top of the range finish inside and out..............

Im changing jobs and will be doing allot more driving and want to get a diesel instead, im just wondering how much i should expect to get for this car as a trade in.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

8500-9000 at a guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Not a lot I'd say.

The reasons why I came to that conclusion are as follows:

1) It's a hatchback. Irish buyers prefer saloons.

2) It's got a 1.8 engine. Irish buyers(stupidly) prefer 1.6s(can never understand why people think that cars that the manufacturers bring in specially to keep us happy should be worth more).

3) Most importantly, it's a Vectra. These depreciate like mad, for whatever reason.

Wait till July and get a diesel then, the Vectra won't be a worth a lot less then I'd expect, but you'll be able to get virtually any diesel in the Vectra size of car for less money cause of the new VRT rules. You didn't say if you wanted a new car or not, but if you are, you should find what I'm going to say useful. Opel are going to be replacing the Vectra with the Insignia, a brand new car. The Mazda 6 diesel is the third best for CO2 in this category(the best being the Renault Laguna 1.5 dCi, and the second best being the Avensis 2.0 diesel, but they're replacing the Toyota very soon).

Ford have a new ECOnetic Mondeo TDCi on the way, it has under 140 g/km of CO2 apparently, so that would mean that it will cost €150 to tax and should be very competitively priced indeed, because it is the only car along with the Renault Laguna 1.5 dCi that will get 16% VRT(the best of the rest manage 20%, and the Vectra diesels are on 24% VRT).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

only going for about 7500 on a trade in but sell it private and with its nice spec, should go more. Then of course you will also get a much better price on the new car too without the trade.
    If I was you I would enquire to see what they are offering as trade in then sell it private for anytthing over that amount, thereby saving a couple of grand by going for a straight deal on next car.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You will have a hard time getting decent money for a Vectra. I had the older model Vectra and aside from it being a pile of sh1t from day one I lost a fortune on it when I finally got shot of it.

The trade generally don't want them so try and sell it privately. The fact that it is high spec might make it easier to sell. Alternatively an Opel dealer may well give a better trade-in allowance against another Vectra as the new Insigna which replaces the current Vectra arrives soon.

Advertisement