Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can I still do my test???

Options
  • 04-03-2008 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Hi all!!

Just got a letter from the SGS who have arranged for my test to be in Finglas in 3 weeks time. I will only have had my Learner Permit 4 months at that stage...

Do I have to wait another 2 months to take the test???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

You probably will have to wait. I just got my test date with SGS and they asked me when my licence was issued. Fortunatly I got my provisional last September so I was ok. They should ask you how long you've had it when you contact them to confirm the date.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Do I have to wait another 2 months to take the test???
    Yes - ask them to reschedule it at least 6 months from the date of issue of your permit.

EDIT: presumably you are referring to a Category B test?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Girrrrseach

Yes WA, category B :)

Rang them up and told them that they had sheduled my test for when I only had my Learner Permit 4 months. They said that they will put my application on hold, and to ring them back in May, and they will schedule me one for June time.

At least Im luckier than some in that I have lots of notice and a good indication of when my test wil be!!

:) So it all worked out. SGS are lovely people to talk to btw... Good start to the practical test. Now to fork out hundreds more euro on lessons!!

Good luck and safe motoring. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭SeanW

Does the six month thing only apply to Category B tests?

• Advertisement

SeanW wrote: »
    Does the six month thing only apply to Category B tests?
    It applies to those with a 1st Learner Permit in categories A, A1, B, M and W.

Advertisement