Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queen Of Comedy- Marian Keyes

Options
  • 04-03-2008 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

who agrees with me??? I think she is the funniest author ever. There is not one of her books that I don't like!

I think Rachels Holiday is my favourite. How about ye?:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

I think she's deadly and that she's sold short by being marketed as chick-lit.. all her books have pretty grim and depressing bits, it's not just airheads hanging around being fluffy (like Sophie Kinsella for example). Her ear for dialogue is great and yeah, she is really funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭nerdysal

Yeah, her stories can be quite dark alright. I don't think she's every tried to sell herself as chick lit though really. I've seen her standing up for herself on that plenty of times.

She doesn't herself but her books are definitely marketed by the publisher as chick-lit - the covers are all pastel colours and frilly fonts and pictures of lipstick and knickers.

Have to agree with ya there alright. What book did you enjoy most?

Gosh I don't know, probably Rachel's Holiday and Angels just because they're the ones I've re-read the most. I went round to my parents' house the other day and my ma was in the process of getting rid of my Marian Keyes books because 'you don't want these, do you? they're so trashy'. Grr.

• Advertisement

Nooo! They're not thrashy! They're pure brilliance!!!

Rachel's Holiday really is great. I think it's so good because it's kind of autobiographical really isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Rachels Holiday is brilliant. Tears of laughter and sadness.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Hailshimmer

i love her books,, she just does not write her new books quick enough...
    my fav's are racheals holiday and Anybody Out There?

i can never look at chris de burgh with out refearing to him as the singing eyebrow...

i have my sisters in law on to her in the uk

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Hailshimmer

her new book is out on the 1st of may. called This Charming Man.

i just can't wait

Advertisement