Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visiting the Shannon Pot

Options
  • 04-03-2008 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    up in Cavan a bit these days and was wondering if the Shannon Pot near Cuilcagh is ok to visit. I'd love to visit where the Shannon rises when I'm not helping the current wife, but don't want to trespass on someone's land.
    Would also love to see the Black Pigs Dyke, anyone know can much of it be still seen in Cavan?

Cheers all!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

shannon pot, yep you wont be trespassing, ye can park the car quite close to it, its well signed, wear a pair of wellies or boots tho this time of year.

btw be prepared to be disappointed, its just like a big pond really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Ah, cheers for that Flanum.
    To be honest I wasn't expecting a roaring torrent, but it would still be nice to see where the longest river in these islands rises. I'm more into seeing that kind of stuff and sitting down for a while than getting langered these days, although I still do that with the best of em :)

Thanks once more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

no worries, its very nice up around there, fairly wild and rugged, be prepared to be held up in the road by sheep! and if you get a chance call in to the glan bar for a mineral or pint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Should be there one of the long weekends coming up. Looking forward to it. Will definitely visit the pub as I won't be driving :D

Advertisement