Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NWA Ireland 2 day camp - April 5th and 6th 2008

• 04-03-2008 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

NWA Ireland is pleased to announce our biggest and best Professional Wrestling Training Camp to date to be held on Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th of April 2008. The camp will be open for registration at 10.30am on Saturday 5th of April and training will begin at 11am and continue until 5.30pm before recommencing at 10.30am on Sunday April 6th. The camp will conclude at approximately 4pm on Sunday 6th of April in preperation for our Live Event that evening. The camp will cater for all levels of ability as the training course will be spilt into various groups throughout the weekend based on ability levels. For example - participants may be split into - a group for beginner trainees, a group for intermediate level trainees/wrestlers, and a group for advanced wrestlers.

The Head Coach for the camp is NWA Ireland Co-promoter and Head Coach Paul Tracey. Paul is a former two time NWA-UK Champion, former longest reigning NWA British Commonwealth Champion and holds First Degree Black Grades in Ring Wrestling and Submission Wrestling, and is a Qualified Teacher of Ring Wrestling. Paul will at times where necessary be assisted by various members of the NWA Ireland Team including some of the current and past NWA Ireland Champions, as well as boxing and fitness coaches. Our main focus will be Professional Wrestling but will also include some shoot/submission wrestling, various MMA techniques, boxing, and fitness and cardio work during the camp. There will also be classes on various other aspects of professional wrestling including microphone/promo work and interview skills and referee training.

Trainees will require no specific equipment for training. T-shirts, shorts, tracksuit bottoms, etc., would be suitable. Knee and elbow pads are advisable but not essential. Only wrestling/boxing boots or martial arts shoes are permitted in the ring or on the training mats. Trainees who do not have such footwear may train barefoot.

The camp is open to all Professional Wrestlers/Trainee Wrestlers from all promotions home or abroad. As with all NWA Ireland Training Camps there will be a high level of intensity and work rate throughout.

The venue for the camp is Ballywaltrim Community Centre which is located on –

Boghall Road,
    Bray.
    Co. Wicklow
    Ireland.

The cost of the camp is just 45 Euro per person. New trainees not from the Wicklow/Dublin area please note that there are plenty of hotels and Bed and Breakfast facilities in the area at reasonable cost. To ensure that trainees get maximum benefit from the camp, places will be limited to 30 people. Facilities at the venue include –

A large matted area.
    Punching bags and fight gloves
    Crash mat and kick pads
    Professional Wrestling Ring.
    Cardio area
    Showers
    Smaller rooms for promo/fitness classes, etc

The camp will conclude with a Questions and Answers Session to give trainees an insight into the Professional Wrestling Business and to answer any questions arising for the training. Please note that the cost of the camp also covers the annual insurance and registration fee that all members of NWA Ireland will have to pay (regardless of whether or not they attend the camp)

Shops and services are located close by and are within walking distance. The nearest train station is Bray Station which is easy to get to via the Dart from Dublin City Centre or via Inter-City trains from Rosslare/Wexford. On arrival at Bray station trainees will see Bray Cabs located opposite the station. Trainees should ask to Ballywaltrim Community Centre on Boghall Road, Bray. The cost of the cab is approximately 8 - 10 Euro per car (up to 4 persons). The 45 bus line from Dublin City Centre terminates opposite the building.

To reserve a place, please send a 20 Euro deposit (cash, postal order or cheques made out to NWA Ireland) to reach us by Friday March 21st to –

NWA Ireland.
    'Sharavogue',
    Dublin Road,
    Bray.
    Co.Wicklow.
    Ireland.

Once we receive your cash/postal order/cheque we will send you a receipt and the relevant paperwork that you will need to fill in and return to us before the camp.

This Camp is limited to trainees over 16 years of age (except under exceptional circumstances and with prior agreement with the NWA Ireland Office). Please note that all forms and paperwork for trainees under the age of 18 years needs to be signed by parent/guardian of the trainee as well as the trainee him/herself. There will be no exceptions to this rule and trainees who haven’t got all the relevant paperwork filled in appropriately will not be permitted to train. Parental Consent Forms are also required to be filled in by parents/guardians of any trainees under 18 years of age.

For further information please -
    E-mail – info@nwaireland.com

Please note that although the instructors for this course are fully qualified to coach, that the cost of the camp does not cover personal accident insurance for trainees. Trainees (and their parents if under 18 years old) will be required to sign liability waiver forms and acknowledging the fact that they will be learning a combat sport and are risking serious injury by taking part.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Kev Rocks

UPDATE - Jonny Moss to be at NWA Ireland Camp - April 5th/6th

In addition to appearing on NWA Irelands Live Event on April 6th, 'Vigilante' Johnny Moss will be on hand earlier in the day as a coach at NWA Irelands Two Day Professional Wrestling Training Camp on April 5th and 6th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

A black belt in submission wrestling? There must be a mistake here. Also, what qualifications has he to instruct MMA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

dlofnep wrote: »
    A black belt in submission wrestling? There must be a mistake here. Also, what qualifications has he to instruct MMA?

I asked about this before and was assured that they all have black belts but I'm still curious as I've never heard of any other black belt submission wrestlers. Unless you include BJJ, in which case I would be shocked if any of them can hang with John Kavanagh

I suppose it's pro-wrestling training first and foremost though, whether it's true or not shouldn't affect the training in that. Sounds a bit carny all the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Oh I'm sure he is qualified to teach professional wrestling but when someone states that they are "teaching" submission wrestling and claim to have a black belt in it, then I start asking questions.. There is a big difference between pro-wrestling and submission wrestling. There are no grades in submission-wrestling. It is a non-gi based sport.

Sounds like stuff I could do on my own, to be honest.

Just seems like its gonna be a lot of running, stretching, excercising and other general stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Kev Rocks

Paul is a fully qualified Black belt in shoot and submission style wrestling! The grading is fully recognised by The I.B.F (International Budo Federation), please dont confuse it with MMA, he's not claiming to be a mixed martial artist or anything!

And as was said the main focus of the weekend will be Pro Wrestling, but Paul does teach a bit of shoot so as trainees are able to protect themselves incase a shoot situation were to ever arise in the world of pro wrestling! And I can tell you from personal painful experience that he knows his stuff when it comes to shoot!

Also I can assure you it will be ALOT more than running, stretching and exercising!

Advertisement