Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France To Win 6 Nations

• 04-03-2008 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

France are 2/1 to win the six nations. Is this not a great price considering the have to play scotland and italy in there remaining matches and wales could slip up aganist ireland this week

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭A P

France played Scotland in the first round of matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Ah right, they play wales in there last match in wales. Id still fancy them to beat wales and they will stuff italy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

i think it is a good bet

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

m.j.w wrote: »
    Ah right, they play wales in there last match in wales. Id still fancy them to beat wales and they will stuff italy
    If Ireland beat wales the odds of France winning the 6 nations will be cut to 6/4 imo so I think 2/1 now is a great price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

even if wales are to beat ireland, then this could be an ok bet. at the mo wales have a +46 points scoring advantage over france, which is the first decider (as we all know from last yesr...). if wales and ireland is a tight welsh win, which is what i'd expect it to be if they do win (and thats a big if) then a big french win would mean they'd have to beat wales by maybe 10-15 points in cardiff. last year france beat italy in rome by 36 and the year before by 25 in paris. they'd need a smilar aize win again but italy have been getting worse so i see no reason why not. might put a small bet on now but wait and see how the odds change if wales win on saturday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

well i'm in

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

me too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,396 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Must say I'm very tempted but have been badly stung by the French before, both football and rugby. Think I'll leave it alone but good luck anyway. Although I'm still hoping for an Irish win...no hard feelings if I hope your bet doesn't come off :D

Stuck 100 on liverpool, ayr utd, chelsea and france to win the 6 nations. First 3 won last night so I will get 660 back if france win. Was thinking about laying them, but gonna wait and hope that ireland can beat wales so there odds will drop. If wales win is there much chance france can still win it? If not I could just back wales to beat ireland this weekend because if they dont win I reckon France will the competition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

At 6/4.. I'll be sticking my money on Wales to win as the handicap is too close to call.

Does anyone know if the bookies are taking bets for 1st, 2nd and 3rd spot overall...
    1. Wales.
    2. England.
    3. Ireland.

If so what odds would it be...

Many thanks..

• Advertisement

Just looking at these bets here. France will win, England match will be closer but I still think they can win comfortably.

France/England/Ireland - 2.12
    France/England/Wales - 3.05

If you put 100 on each of them and Ireland win you will make a profit of 12 quid and if wales win a profit of 105.

Any thoughts? Is the England match to risky to make this worth while?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,568 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Thats a rather silly bet above. You basically have a €200 double on France and england to win.
    Then taking the winnings from the double and betting on both ireland and wales to win. This is throwing away money, why would you bet on both teams in a match. You will have more money if leave out the last match. Can you see how this is silly.

Was just wandering. If you do a 200 double on england and france to win you will win 62. The other way you have a free bet for a chance to win 105.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Not if you lose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

Was just wandering. If you do a 200 double on england and france to win you will win 62. The other way you have a free bet for a chance to win 105.

What about the possibility of a draw?

Didnt even think about the draw.Not worth it at all then.

Didnt even think about the draw.Not worth it at all then.

Its nothing got to do with the draw. The draw makes it worse, but even if you were betting on a +0.5 game (where there would be no draw).
    Seriously, you are betting on both teams in the same match. The simple fact that the bookie takes a 5-10% overround means that this is bad. The draw is not what makes it bad

Lets just assume that france and england win, if you do a 200 double you will win 62, always.

With the two triples, you have a chance of will 105 as you said, but ireland are favourites, so more often you are going to win 12. (a lose of 50 over the double)

Basically you are risking 50 to win 43 (the difference between the three outcomes). This is a bad bet on wales.

Basically after the double you have 262 in the bet, doing the triple results in 131 on ireland and 131 on wales, the last section is a losing bet, this should be clear

Grand, just as well I asked then and didnt just go ahead and do it

did you do any bet,
    i went for eng-10,
    i haven't had a losing week in the 6 nations, but england often let you down

No didnt do anything, just have that big bet for france to win the competition so want ireland to win today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

did england -9, certainly seems good value

it did before the match, :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

that was dire, kept betting in running as the odds went up, all the way to 7 to 1. bad day. small consolation, the english got beat!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 archplanner

Got Wales at 9/1 to win Grand Slam after England game. €50 on but meant to put on the bet before the England game (won at 5/1 for that game) ... so COME ON WALES

No Grand Slam Winner 2.38 - what you lads think??

Advertisement