Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to move outside oil boiler

Options
  • 04-03-2008 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

We want to put down a patio and to do this, the oil boiler outside will have to be moved. Its against the kids bedroom so when it kicks in they wake up (very light sleepers!!). So we want to move it away from the house and while doing this, we want to put in insulated pipes (the builder put in qualplex covered in the standard grey lagging tubes from the boiler about 10 feet along the outside of the house before it actually comes into the house. He then covered this over by an inch of gravel at present which I'm sure is doing a really great job of heating my garden :rolleyes:.

Question is, is this a releatively straightforward job and apart from a plumber, will I need a sparks to put in new wiring to the boiler as well?

Finally, does anyone know where I can get these insulated pipes?

The quote we've gotten for the work is €500 which seems excessive seeing as we are only moving the boiler 10 feet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

If it is in a cabinpack, all you really need to do is extend the pipes and wiring. One way to insulate is to wrap the pipes in glassfibre insulation and seal in a length of sewer pipe. I am sure that any heating supplier can supply the insulated type pipes.
    Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

I think Heatmerchants or your plumber will supply those highly insulated pipes. It's expensive per metre though.

Patio....we seem to be at the same stage all the time...we're planning the same. More money!! House looks fab in white btw...saw it last week when hubby was driving to Prosperous that way. Looking good!

Advertisement