Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you have a favourite pair of Jeans??

Options
  • 04-03-2008 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭

I cant seem to get out of Jeans, I adore them.

Do you have a favourite pair? That look good no matter what?
    Where and when did u buy them?

Mine are a pair of Ms Sixtys I got about 4 years that still look great and are so godamnn comfy..

(for some reason even when I put on a stone they still fit?)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Yes, I have a pair of miss selfridge jeans that I love. They're just the right length which is really hard for me to find because I'm short, but not always short enough for petite jeans. They're very slim (are my skinny jeans!)

I have put weight on and there's no way I'll even get them up my thighs! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

I have a Fave pair of jeans. I call them my 'Buns of Steel' jeans.
    I bought them about 6 years ago, and they haven't fit me for 3 of those 6 years :p
    I won't throw them out though, I keep telling myself that maybe one day they will fit me again. Ha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

watna wrote: »

I have put weight on and there's no way I'll even get them up my thighs! :(

Should of gone for stretch:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

ive a pair of 3 year old dark wash skinny jeans from river island that are still nice and skinny even with a stone varying in weight

also have a favourite pair of combat jeans from dunnes 2 years old and as comfy as ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Cazlou

I had a pair of jeans that I bought from Hairy Legs must've been about 13 years ago now, they were the comfiest, softest, loveliest jeans ever and I wore them religiously for best part of 10 years, even when I lost weight I still held them up with a belt, even though they were humungous and all bunched up :o I was gutted one evening a couple of years ago when I went to sit down and I got this whoosh of air around my thighs and stood back up to discover the a*se of the jeans had ripped - on both sides!!!:eek::eek: :(

The nearest I've come to them now is a pair of Vila combat jeans I bought in Roches to take their place and a pair of 'boyfriend jeans' I bought in River Island last summer:) but they're STILL not the same :( :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I've three pairs of favourite jeans. Not one comes up past my knees anymore.

I've clung obsessively to one pair ( A size 8) for about 5 years now, claiming I'll fit back into them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

I'm tall & curvy. Firetrap & Oasis jeans are the only ones I'll go for.

taconnol wrote: »
    I'm tall & curvy. Firetrap & Oasis jeans are the only ones I'll go for.

Yeh same, Im tall so find it hard getting the perfect long leg. Have a great pair from Oasis too, comfy as hell. A-Wear actually have some nice jeans too, great fit and very cheap..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Yeah I got a pair from them but I would only fit into a size 16 :mad: - never a good feeling. Plus I cycle a lot & they've started to wear where my leg hits the saddle - I suppose you get what you pay for..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

A pair of Levi's I bought in the States last summer, sort of in between pale and dark blue with a glimmer of brown through them(I'm aware that makes no sense!), flared leg, just such a comfy everyday jean you can wear with anything. :)
    A close second would be my River Island skinnies with the studded back pockets, so great with boots or heels! I wear them with my thick studded belt and I feel cool. :cool:

• Advertisement

taconnol wrote: »
    Yeah I got a pair from them but I would only fit into a size 16 :mad: - never a good feeling.

Bah! Sizes don't matter it is how they look on you!

I did have a pair from topshop and they were a 12 i wore them down to the ground hehe
    i bought them when i was 16 and i threw them out when i was 20, they were kinda a weaved denim very pale

I had a similiar pair from firetrap which i only threw out 2 weeks ago, they were a bit frayed at the end and looked a bit tight then in the end :)
    I have a pair from topshop I got 2 and a half years ago that have only gotten tight in the last 6 months ( bold me has put on weight)
    I'm keeping them as its is the size i want to stay at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭piscean

Would have to be my grey Topshop skinny jeans because they fit like a glove and give the illusion of being thinner than I am:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 alexj9

I have a pair of ralph loren geans that I love to wear but since I had my baby 19 mounths ago I can't get them to fit. :(

I am still losing weight though so they may fit soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

It's funny that loads of people here got too big/small for their favourite jeans. Maybe we should have a ladies lounge jeans swapping day where we can all bring our fave non-fitting jeans and swop for a pair that do fit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

My favourite jeans have holes inside the thighs because I've worn them too much - can't bring myself to throw them out though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

hmm... yes I do, I have 2 pairs from Jane Norman that I love. They do a great suck and tuck and the best thing is the black pair i have are a size 8 and a little too big for me :):) Happy days!! In the blue pair, i have an 8 for skinny days and a 10 for bloated days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I have a pair of size 8 jeans, at the moment though I'm double that. I was thinking about framing them, and hanging it inside the front door.

Guest: Hi Sueme
    Sueme: Hi, I was once a size 8 yunno!?
    Guest: Em... okay.. thats great..
    Sueme: No, really, look these are the jeans... look!!!
    Guest: Ookay..
    Sueme: NOOO...LOOK AT THEM. I WAS A SIZE 8!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

sueme wrote: »
    I have a pair of size 8 jeans, at the moment though I'm double that. I was thinking about framing them, and hanging it inside the front door.

Guest: Hi Sueme
    Sueme: Hi, I was once a size 8 yunno!?
    Guest: Em... okay.. thats great..
    Sueme: No, really, look these are the jeans... look!!!
    Guest: Ookay..
    Sueme: NOOO...LOOK AT THEM. I WAS A SIZE 8!!

You're me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I have a pair of Levis that I've had about 18months and they always fit perfectly. My weight has shot up and down a good bit in that time but they always look good on me. I love them

I also have a pair of River Island ones I got just before Xmas that I love as well, although they're kinda too skinny for going out, which is a shame.

I only ever wear jeans, I have 18 pairs...is that normal?!

• Advertisement

misslt wrote: »
    I have a pair of Levis that I've had about 18months and they always fit perfectly. My weight has shot up and down a good bit in that time but they always look good on me. I love them

I also have a pair of River Island ones I got just before Xmas that I love as well, although they're kinda too skinny for going out, which is a shame.

I only ever wear jeans, I have 18 pairs...is that normal?!

Perfectly normal my dear.. I have about 20 pairs. Have a few pairs from River Island but find after a few washes they look baggy and nasty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

I have a pair that I think I bought in Rude or Catch or one of them shops (?!) for about 20 euro a few years ago, dark skinnies with sort of fading down the legs, and I still love them!
    The button popped off :( but I just wear a big belt with them now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

I have a black pair of "shimmy" jeans from new look that i love, but the black is kinda fading from them, so might need to dye them or something.
    I cleared out my wardrobe the other week and i found a gorgeous pair of "going out" jeans, and i cant for the life of me remember why i dont wear them anymore..i think they got too tight..but i put them on and they fit fine again, they are A wear jeans.

and i found a pair of baggy "susst" (yeah, susst, remember them?)and they are the perfect comfy jeans for hanging around the house..they too had been too small for me. i've lost nearly a stone in a month, thats due to ilness and personal problems..

and if i could just mention my david and goliath combats..the most comfiest pants i own..not jeans though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I got my favourite jeans last summer. They were on the sale rail and had been reduced down to €12 or €18. They're great - regardless of how much I weigh they're perfect. They're like the jeans in The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I bought a new pair of black skinny jeans in River Island a few weeks ago. They are my favourite simply because they are a size 8!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i have an awesome pair of purple baggy ones. admittedly they're about 5years old... are an entire other shade now to what they were, but they have this awesome blue thread in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

I love any of my true religion jeans as the denim is so soft and the shape and cut of them is SO comfy, its like wearing tracksuit bottoms! And they still manage to look good :) I have one pair that are well beyond redemption, they are abour 3 years old and i wear them horse riding and everything! They are practical and still look relatively good :)

I only wear the 'Bobby' version, ie no flaps on the tops of the pockets, they are a better fit than the ones with the flaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭scoot on

My mom bought me a pair of jeans in Spain about 4 years ago. She got them in a market for twenty years ago. I swear to god they're the nicest jeans I've ever had and I've worn them to death. I can't wear them anymore because they're after tearing from wear and tear. And I can't find a pair like them anywhere. I'm absolutely disgusted!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 shell63

Ok seeing as no-one has mentioned vera moda, I got a pair there that just fitted beautifully (bit low rise but ass and thighs gorgeous with bit of flare) Perfect with heels but unfortunately me's put on teeny bit (ahem...) of weight temporarily.... Anyway, will be back in them soon! For jeans with runners I have a confession. I hate the feel of jeans in Penney's (not proper denim) BUT I picked up a dark denim boyfriend pair in a proper thick denim material for slobbing around house and it turned out they were fab on me, lovely on the ass and thighs too! Not skinny and not baggy, actually very classy looking, they still look good with tailoured jacket. About 15e I'd say and I live in them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

shell63 wrote: »
    Ok seeing as no-one has mentioned vera moda, I got a pair there that just fitted beautifully (bit low rise but ass and thighs gorgeous with bit of flare) Perfect with heels but unfortunately me's put on teeny bit (ahem...) of weight temporarily.... Anyway, will be back in them soon! For jeans with runners I have a confession. I hate the feel of jeans in Penney's (not proper denim) BUT I picked up a dark denim boyfriend pair in a proper thick denim material for slobbing around house and it turned out they were fab on me, lovely on the ass and thighs too! Not skinny and not baggy, actually very classy looking, they still look good with tailoured jacket. About 15e I'd say and I live in them!

Actully I forgot about my Vera Moda jeans, i wonder where they are!! I have apair and they fit perfectly although they are all ripped at the end!! Nice figure hugging jeans except the zip is a little dodge in them now!!

Advertisement