Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you have a favourite pair of Jeans??

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT.

Today, it was discovered that my 'fat jeans' no longer fit.

To the fitness forum!

No wait, its too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 shell63

LOL lil smiler, I totally forgot about the dodgy zip until you mentioned it! I had an er... incident where I appeared in front of a class full of people flying low, that was a great day to discover the zip kept slipping when I walked... :o Hopefully when I lose a few pounds tho I won't have that problem! (optimism or naivite hehehe)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Actually now that you mention it, I think the last time I wore them was when I thought I'd put on loads of weight but as it turns out it was swelling on my back from my compressed discs.... must dig them out! hopefully the zip won't keep slipping down!!

I've looked for a pair like them in VM again but have never found a similar pair!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 goldfish007

i absolutely LOVE jeans as well, always wear them, must have over 20 pairs in the wardrobe but yet my fav pair are by miss sixty, that i got when i was 16 (im now 21!), ive 5pairs or miss 60 from yrs ago and now when i go into miss 60, all their jeans are ****?? they dont make them like they used to :(

I have a pair of jeans from Miss Sixty I got 4 years ago in Italy for less than half the price and they haven't lost the shape or colour or anything!! Great jeans, nice and comfy although I'm a little unsure of the ass, i think it's a bit weird, my bf has assured me otherwise.

Trying to think how many pairs I have..

3 from Jane Norman - my "going out" jeans
    1 Vera Moda - casual going out jeans
    1 River Island
    1 Bershka - 3/4 length
    1 Susst from years ago that are sooooo comfy and nicely baggy without being too baggy
    1 Miss Sixty

I probably have more somewhere. I had a pair from Pull & bear that were PERFECT on my ass but then they seemed to suddenly shrink a bit, i realised one day to my horror that the ends were nearly at my ankles :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Love jeans!

Can never find a decent pair that fits :(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 206 ✭✭Creachadóir

My favourite jeans are from Vero Moda.
    I also like Tommy Hilfiger.

I don't really like river island, top shop, oasis or ralph lauren for jeans, though I own pairs from these stores. I didn't like A wear in the past, but I got a pair from their new range that's ok (I have a lot of jeans...)

I love tight jeans (not stetchy ones - give me too much thighs!), with a kick at the bottom. A flare/bootleg. Any suggestions? (PS I'm short)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭whatsgoinon

my favourite pairs of jeans are a pair i bought in next many years ago, there is a hole in the knee of the right leg and no matter how many times I sew it, it always rips again due to the denim being so worn.

Another pair i got in a-wear 2 years ago, baggy cargo jeans, i love them, uber comfy and quite willing to expand and retract with my waistline which thank god isn't too often.

I have long legs and a small waist and its quite hard to find jeans that suit. I have a pair from The Jean Scene, which fit really well but I noticed after I bought them that there is some kind of stupid pattern thing on the front shin part, i wear them when its dark so nobody can see!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

My favourite pair of jeans are 9 year old black Susst flared jeans. I love them, I love the style and shape of them. I cannot seem to get anything similar to replace them when they eventually become unwearable. Its all skinny leg or bootleg, neither of which suit me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Love jeans, being rather tall I tend to have a bit of difficulty finding good 'tall' jeans.

Current favs: (everyone keeps asking me where I got them) -- New Look tall range (I was so surprised they were so great) -- perfect length, dark navy and ultra soft and forgiving of the christmas pounds!

Other than that? Used to love Dorothy Perkins and A-wear but have been sticking with Long Tall Sally of late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

smiles wrote: »
    Love jeans, being rather tall I tend to have a bit of difficulty finding good 'tall' jeans.

Current favs: (everyone keeps asking me where I got them) -- New Look tall range (I was so surprised they were so great) -- perfect length, dark navy and ultra soft and forgiving of the christmas pounds!

Other than that? Used to love Dorothy Perkins and A-wear but have been sticking with Long Tall Sally of late.

Tommy Hilfiger are my favorite. tesco had a very good range of jeans such as bootcut. Some good quality in thoe jeans with polyester etc for only 15 euro compared to dunnes stores rubbish for 50 euro. No offence Dunnes store's but give up on the crap clothes or compete.

I have a pair of jeans from Miss Sixty I got 4 years ago in Italy for less than half the price and they haven't lost the shape or colour or anything!! Great jeans, nice and comfy although I'm a little unsure of the ass, i think it's a bit weird, my bf has assured me otherwise.

Trying to think how many pairs I have..

3 from Jane Norman - my "going out" jeans
    1 Vera Moda - casual going out jeans
    1 River Island
    1 Bershka - 3/4 length
    1 Susst from years ago that are sooooo comfy and nicely baggy without being too baggy
    1 Miss Sixty

I probably have more somewhere. I had a pair from Pull & bear that were PERFECT on my ass but then they seemed to suddenly shrink a bit, i realised one day to my horror that the ends were nearly at my ankles :(

Oh I found 3 more pairs there the other day
    1 from Awear (love them except the ends are ripped :( )
    1 from Pull & bear could prob go out
    1 from vera moda

so i have 11 pairs :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

i think i have the oddest shape in the world, but for some reason pull and bear jeans (sicko 19)suit me to a tee! only thing is thing is the sizes are hust mental, i have all sorts from boyfriend, to wide leg to skinnies and they are ranging in size from a 14 to an 8 and they all fit! theres good strech in most of them, so even on a fat day they'll mould to my shape! yea!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭CrazyPolly

Wow...I had no idea women were so mad about jeans. I have 2 pairs and that's it. Black skinny ones from Topshop and skinny blue ones from some shop in America...that's it. I'm more of a skirts and dresses lady these days, I think that's why.
    I did have a nice pair from topshop that I had for 4-5 years but they got a bit old and worn. I cut them into a nice pair of shorts recently which I'm quite fond of.
    I honestly don't get why people love jeans so much though. For me a skirt or dress with tights or leggings is much more comfortable. Can anyone explain?

Advertisement