Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical Services

Options
  • 04-03-2008 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Random q but sure, who provides medical services in ucd or is an outside ambulance just called everytime something goes wrong, is their any kind of first responder scheme?

i know its a wierd question but sure :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

There's a med student setting up a first response thing.

Other than that it's ambulances.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

There's a med student setting up a first response thing.

God damn med students bain of my life :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

There's the student health service too for non-emergencies. You could be waiting up to a week for an appointment though depending on how busy they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Quick question while this is here. Where is the doctor on campus, and is it free? Being feeling like crap the last while, so I'm giving in and want to go. Also, do I have to make an appointment or can I just walk in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

In the Student Centre, and it;s free. You can walk in, but if you walk in you'll be sent to the nurse and then, if it's necessary, referred to the doctor. Which can take quite a while.

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    Quick question while this is here. Where is the doctor on campus, and is it free? Being feeling like crap the last while, so I'm giving in and want to go. Also, do I have to make an appointment or can I just walk in?
    Just adding to what Raphael said, a good hint is to go early in the morning. As in be there at about 8.30 so that you're the nurse's first patient. My friend got seen straight away by doing this.

Oh, and it's upstairs in the student centre. Go in the door beside the ATM and it's the little door on the right. Up the stairs and it's right in front of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Breezer wrote: »
    Just adding to what Raphael said, a good hint is to go early in the morning. As in be there at about 8.30 so that you're the nurse's first patient. My friend got seen straight away by doing this.

Oh, and it's upstairs in the student centre. Go in the door beside the ATM and it's the little door on the right. Up the stairs and it's right in front of you.

Cheers, thanks for that. Was just about to ask for times of it, need to go early. May aswell go then.

Raphael, thanks also!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I think unicare have a response team. The med student one will be another while before it gets off the ground id say. Best of luck to them

Mushy wrote: »
    Cheers, thanks for that. Was just about to ask for times of it, need to go early. May aswell go then.

Raphael, thanks also!
    Hmm, just hit me that I don't know exactly what time it opens. The SU website isn't particularly helpful either, it refers to 'opening hours' but doesn't tell you what they are. Pretty sure it opens at either 8.30 or 9 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

9.30 - 1.00

2 - 4.30

• Advertisement
Advertisement