Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying English at UCD

Options
  • 04-03-2008 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

Heya, Im currently a second year in TCD, hating my course and thinking about studying english in UCD. Kinda nervous about changing course, especially considering fees etc so Im looking for any information on the course that could help me make my decision!

Thanks!

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

English is grand, I do it as a joint major in history so if you want to do pure English it'll be different for you.

For a joint major you have to make up 25 credits over the 2 semesters in 2nd year, 4 compulsory modules and then one optional one that can be taken in either the first or second semesters. Usually there are 2/3 assignments per term, a small analysis or review worth 10-20% followed by 2 large essays (no more than 1500 words) that make up the degree.

Lectures are huge though and the classes can be impersonal in tutorials due to the sheer size but the quality of the teaching is really good.

Advertisement