Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20k lumpsum, Short term options

Options
  • 04-03-2008 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

I have around 20K free that I don't need for the foreseeable future. Any suggestions on where is best to save or invest it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

If you are not looking to tie up medium to long term, there are a number of short term options which are mentioned in the previous threads which are uptodate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Athina

floyd333 wrote: »
    I have around 20K free that I don't need for the foreseeable future. Any suggestions on where is best to save or invest it?

Lodge it into irish Nationwide one year fixed term a/c which is paying 5.10% interest rate. You have the option of extending it after a year. If they don't demutualise for a further two years you will be in with a chance of a windfall.;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I'm seriously broke at moment, you could give it to me! Wish I could say I'd money lying around that I don't need...if only!

Advertisement