Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

best looking sports saloon?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

prospect wrote: »
    156 GTA:

06used_pic_big_alfagta1.jpg

definatly the best looking sports saloon for under €20k
    and what a soundtrack to go with it! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 waffler

This s40 is classed as a sports saloon on the registration and it has all the characteristics of a sports plus more

• Registered Users Posts: 30 CSOSulla

Alfa1562004_V6manual_01_lg.jpg

The new Alfa GT sports coupé, designed by Bertone in conjunction with the Alfa Romeo Style Centre, has won one of Europe’s most important styling awards, the Design Trophy award from the prestigious French magazine ‘L’Automobile’. The award is based on votes cast by the magazine’s readers. The Alfa GT finished ahead of the Mercedes CLS and Citroën C4.

My 2 C's worth ;)

S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

100% agree with Draffodx, The Euro R is by far the nicest looking sports saloon out there closley followed by the Legecy B4

Are you a pensioner? All those hondas look the same. Scroll down to the Alfa and admire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

waffler wrote: »
    This s40 is classed as a sports saloon on the registration and it has all the characteristics of a sports plus more

Yes... that's what the marketing people would have you believe. And if I paid a marketing team enough, they'd have you believe that I'm the best looking bloke in the world, almost as strong as superman but completely resistant to kryptonite!! I can also lap the nurburgring faster than Schumacher.

In the real world though, I'm none of those things, and the S40 is about as sporty as a beached whale.

• Advertisement

CSOSulla wrote: »
    Alfa1562004_V6manual_01_lg.jpg

The new Alfa GT sports coupé, designed by Bertone in conjunction with the Alfa Romeo Style Centre, has won one of Europe’s most important styling awards, the Design Trophy award from the prestigious French magazine ‘L’Automobile’. The award is based on votes cast by the magazine’s readers. The Alfa GT finished ahead of the Mercedes CLS and Citroën C4.

My 2 C's worth ;)

S

Why'd you post a pic of a 156 then?

Biro wrote: »
    Yes... that's what the marketing people would have you believe. And if I paid a marketing team enough, they'd have you believe that I'm the best looking bloke in the world, almost as strong as superman but completely resistant to kryptonite!! I can also lap the nurburgring faster than Schumacher.

In the real world though, I'm none of those things, and the S40 is about as sporty as a beached whale.
    Lol, Biro your really upsetting my feelings, I suppose everyone has there own taste, e.g I think that the alfa is the most boring looking car on the road no character present at all, whereas people like yourself think the opposite. I'd agree that the s40 is far from sporty but when it has the body kit and 18" alloys it makes a huge difference, I purchase the s40 2.0 d se sport a few weeks back and have no regrets, I love the looks the performance and the comfort, and will definetely get same again in a few years. I reckon I'd beat michael schu myself in this car too.
    I'd be interested to know what type of car your driving superman:)

Apologies biro, it was the accord you liked not the alfa. Accord is a nice car as is the s40 sports

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Biro wrote: »
    Why'd you post a pic of a 156 then?

maybe he's thinking about one of those Alphas?

waffler wrote: »
    Lol, Biro your really upsetting my feelings, I suppose everyone has there own taste, e.g I think that the alfa is the most boring looking car on the road no character present at all, whereas people like yourself think the opposite. I'd agree that the s40 is far from sporty but when it has the body kit and 18" alloys it makes a huge difference, I purchase the s40 2.0 d se sport a few weeks back and have no regrets, I love the looks the performance and the comfort, and will definetely get same again in a few years. I reckon I'd beat michael schu myself in this car too.
    I'd be interested to know what type of car your driving superman:)

You're right, opinion and preference are important. However, there are certain things that can't be argued with. To say an Alfa is the most boring looking car on the road and has no character is just wrong. If you don't like it, then that's Ok, you're entitled to your opinion and taste. But if you say that it's boring and lacking in character, then you're wrong.
    That's like saying the Mona Lisa is the worst painting in the world. You might not like it, but saying it's crap is just wrong. Italian car design is the best in the world. They have produced some dogs, as have other countries produced fantastic cars, but by and large Italians lead the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

groupb wrote: »
    Are you a pensioner? All those hondas look the same. Scroll down to the Alfa and admire.

Dont like Afla's
    Used to own a 156 T-spark, Promised myself never to buy one again.
    This thread is mostly personal preference so there would be no point arguing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

[QUOTE=waffler;55327194...I think that the alfa is the most boring looking car on the road no character present at all...I'd agree that the s40 is far from sporty but ... I love the looks[/QUOTE]

Horses for courses...without guys like you ugly girls wouldn't get to procreate. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

406 coupé hands down....but I'm biased.

Advertisement