Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

purchasing Mini Cooper from UK

Options
  • 04-03-2008 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

:confused:
    need help and information on purchasing a mini cooper from the UK.
    I am hoping to travel over and buy a mini cooper from the trade or private
    any advice.
    how much vrt will i have to pay
    can I get the car insured once i purchase it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

talk to ned78, he sells mini, and also imported a JC Works model from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭B1977

how do I contact ned78,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

B1977 wrote: »
    how do I contact ned78,thanks

Send him a PM.

BTW I haven't seen a post from him here in a while. Maybe he is panned out selling all those MINIs. :D

Also there are lots of stickys here about buying a car in the UK.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Maybe he is panned out selling all those MINIs. :D

It's "mini" :) or is it MINI?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It's "mini" :)

I thought mini refered to the original Austin mini as opposed to the BMW MINI. Which is the OP referring to?

• Advertisement

the OP asked about a "Mini" so it's anyone's guess!

factor in VRT into your price, also factor in extras in the VRT, which pretty much every MINI has.
    Which model were you thinking of?

MINI ONE or COOPER
    How is the VRT worked out and what is happening in July,will it effect me:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

What engine are you thinking of getting, and what year? More recent MINIs have very low co2 emissions so will have a much reduced rate of vrt come july. The whole yearly tax on imports seems to be still up in the air at the minute with Gormless not knowing his head from his ass at the minute, so we cant help you on that.

• Advertisement

yup, it'll effect you. I'm pretty sure it'd be better to get it now than in July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭markymac

B1977 wrote: »
    MINI ONE or COOPER
    How is the VRT worked out and what is happening in July,will it effect me:confused:

https://www.ros.ie/VRTEnquiryServlet/ShowVRT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

bazz26 wrote: »
    Send him a PM.

BTW I haven't seen a post from him here in a while. Maybe he is panned out selling all those MINIs. :D

Also there are lots of stickys here about buying a car in the UK.

Saw him in town the other day, don't actually know him, just know to see. So he is still alive at least..... :confused:

I am hoping to purchase a mini 2002-up,will there be a price difference between an irish purchase or importing from the uk,ie same type same year

Advertisement