Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Faulty Dashboard Electrics : Peugeot Partner 02

Options
  • 04-03-2008 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭

Hi guys and gals.
    I've had this problem for quiet a while now:
    The speedometer on the dash is broken, well everything on the dash goes down to zero, then the odd time it will pop back up to whatever speed im doing, then go back down again. cant see the flashing indicators on the dash either. it also seems to effect the radio,as when the dials go to zero, the radio/cd player cuts in and out with "phono" coming up on the screen.
    It used to happen the odd time, now its a case of the speedometer only works the odd time (and the rev counter). The mileage clock goes to zero as well,
    i was informed i could need a new dash which could set me back a few hundred quid. but are there any alternatives?
    im in limerick.

barry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Was the radio changed at any stage? Or a car kit installed maybe? If so there could just be a dodgy connection somewhere from when a wire was spliced.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

BarryCreed wrote: »
    i was informed i could need a new dash which could set me back a few hundred quid. but are there any alternatives?
    im in limerick.

Sounds like you may well need a new dash - not uncommon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

yeah, i did change the radio. a machanic "looked" at it for me...
    was told by another i needed a new dash, its a common problem.
    anywhere i could get a used dash from?

Advertisement