Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canteen Food

• 04-03-2008 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

What do you think of the canteen food?
    Do you think it has improved since the new crowd took over?
    What do you think of the prices

I think some days you can get ok dinners & more days its crap - bit on the expensive side too

What are your taughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh i much prefered the old canteen, used to be able to head to it after a days drinking in the bar or come up to it from the house at 6 to get dinner and they'd still have loevly food there whereas with this new place any time i've went to it that wasn't a "peak food time" the whole carvery area was cleared away with nothing left at all.

so i definately prefered the old canteen, although breakfast used to be horrible in the old canteen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

its a bit hit and miss. When they do something right its really but boy can the reverse be true. Its too pricey as well.

The queues can be a joke. I dunno how many times Ive walked straight out rather than queue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

The lunch is always too greasy. I'd normally bring in me own food or else buy/borrow the ham and cheese on wholewheat bread sandwiches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Cant beat a spicy chicken roll...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

It's not that bad. I don't usually get dinners there but I usually get a roll and they're grand. Dinners do seem to be a bit expensive but with the breakfast it isn't too bad. Just depends on how much you get. Soft drinks are a bit expensive. You'd think they'd bring those prices down seeing as in Tesco etc they're only a euro for a bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

ya it def is expensive. do they not realise students are always broke!!.thats why i mainly bring in my own food. sometimes teh food can be pretty mank but i do like their breakie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Yeah and it's usually 50-50 with the curry chips too.

The Christmas dinner was lovely though.

Advertisement