Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cotton-bud-in-mouth-aphobia

• 05-03-2008 12:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭

anyone else agree that thinkin about cotton buds or tissue in your mouth is the most disgusting thought ever??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Trix

i just got a shiver down my spine thinking about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭NonDrinkersClub

I went to this crazy old dentist last week and he put a 'dressing' on my infected wisdom tooth. It was all brown black and slimey and tasted absolutely rank! I could taste it for days. Anyways, when I got home there was a big lump of old cotton covered in the brown black slimy stuff left in my mouth. I'm not scared of cottonbuds and stuff in my mouth but that was a truly rotten experience! By the way, don't go to the dentist behind the beauty salon in Sandycove. He opens late but he's really weird.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i can even touch cotton wook never mind putting it in my mounth, i kinda feel ill now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

I have a disturbing fear towards the texture of cotton wool anywhere (only when dry) it makes me feel quite strange indeed. People often wave it at me and the thought of it brushing my skin makes me run......

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

It's the sound it makes when it is torn or twisted around that gets me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

I thought i was the only one that had this fear of tissue and cotton wool in the mouth.I can just feel it in my mouth now its crazy.eww.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I bit a dentist over this once (admittedly I must have been about 10), I told her not to put it in there, but she didn't listen... Normal cotton wool is grand, but the little cylinders they have of it in the dentist is just horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

oh my god i cant stop shivering. also the same about wool! its the weird creak it makes when its squeezed or rubbed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Yea I can't stand squeezing cotton wool. ugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I love those things. It's a cool feeling when you remove them, and your mouths all dry, and you rinse your mouth out. It's very refreshing.

Am I weird?

• Advertisement
Advertisement