Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative Issue

Options
  • 05-03-2008 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Personally, I wouldn't mention the small claims court so quickly.

I would remind them that as a consumer, I am entitled by law to one of the three R's - repair, replacement or refund. They have tried to repair it, therefore I would now expect a replacement or a refund. Strongly worded but polite. Try to get a physical name and address so that you can send it via registered letter.

See the National Consumer Agency website for more information.

Failing this, then I would state that I will be initiating a claim in the Small Claims Court. (I presume that you've kept a record of all correspondence).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Something similar happened with my ipod a few months ago. I kept sending it off to be repaired and it was coming back with the same problem (the battery only lasted 3 minutes). They kept saying parts had been replaced but I knew they hadn't, or it would have worked. I just kept following up saying it didn't work and I'd paid for a two year guarantee to protect myself against this. After sending if back and forth to the UK three times they sent me a new one from the factory in China. Haven't had a problem since.

I recommend you keep at them, telling them is doesn't work and keep asking for it to be repaired. I presume it's under guarantee?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

That is shocking service. Most companies would have at least lumped up a replacement by now.

I've actually had good experiences with creative in the past as a retailer, I wonder whats going on.

As mentioned above, its rather shocking that the did not offer one of the three R's to you. Ignoring your correspondence too...

Good luck Op, keep us posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

That's fair enough, I think you've demonstrated by now that you've exhausted the other avenues.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

i had the exact same problem with creative. After months of emails the mp3 was fixed however it still freezes occassionaly. I fix it with a pin. Its a shame as ther're a lovely mp3 but i wont be buying one again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

All the Zen players seem to be faulty.

Two of my mates had MP4 ones and they both got messed up after a few months. The both returned them and got a full refund from Dixons without any questions. They must have had a shed load of Zens returned to them already and don't even need to ask what the problem is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

koHd wrote: »

Two of my mates had MP4 ones and they both got messed up after a few months. The both returned them and got a full refund from Dixons without any questions. They must have had a shed load of Zens returned to them already and don't even need to ask what the problem is.

jees, I just sent mine back for replacement - they didn't even ask for proof of purchase ... they must be getting loads of these.

I don't want to get another model, cos I really loved the zen! Great for movies!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

sorry your last post is confusing,do creative still have the zen or do you have it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

koHd wrote: »

****e, 3 of mine broke (replacement after replacement, and my girlfriends) and I couldn't find the receipts so I just dropped it. My sisters also broke. I'm talking about the small black ones with colored edging?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭board om

i used to swear by creative and recomend them over iPods. but lately i havent been hearing great things. in fact the first mp3 player i ever bought was the creative zen nomad 30gb and it was great. the battery is a bit crap compared to what you get nowdays (3 hours) but apart from that it was perfect. i still use it to this day, but it is just a back up one i leave in the car. it has started freezing up a bit of late but considering i have had it over 5 years i cant really complain.

my brother has a zen as well but his has been a nightmare. nothing but trouble. it is constantly breaking down and causing him trouble. and he only has it a year or 2 old. so obviously their standard of production has dropped and the quality has seriously gone down hill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Creative are really hitting the headlines in the last few days , especially over soundcard drivers ,

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03/31/creative_labs_developer_legal_action/

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055264809

Basically , Creative have always said that there was something inherent in Vista that made it impossible to enable features of their very expensive audigy soundcards in the OS ,
    I have one , a platinum pro that cost in excess of 200 euro , which only has basic functionality in Vista ,

It turns out that this was a cynical con on their part , as the features are easily enabled , which someone figured out , and posted modded drivers on their forums with all features enabled and working ,
    They have now threatened legal actions against him saying what they choose to enable is their " business choice " ,

In other words , screw the customer , lets make them shell out for new cards instead of getting the old ones to work !! Heres a quote from the boss ....
    If we choose to develop and provide host-based processing features with certain sound cards and not others, that is a business decision that only we have the right to make.
    Now legally , they are well within their rights , morally on the other hand , they have clearly stated their contempt for customers ,

http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board/message?board.id=soundblaster&thread.id=116332&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

I will never buy another Creative product , and neither will the thousands that have logged on to their forums to tell Creative how disgusted they are at this practice !!

Advertisement