Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photoshop Contest : Round 12 **Voting**

Options
  • 05-03-2008 2:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭

cillitmp3playerbw0.jpg
    iRod.jpg
    Untitled_1_1.jpg
    round12copyve8.jpg
    mp3playerposterpe7.jpg
    mp3.jpg

Photoshop Contest : Round 12 Voting 8 votes

Cilit Bang
    0% 0 votes
    iRod
    37% 3 votes
    The MMP
    37% 3 votes
    Chameleon
    25% 2 votes
    The Schwaarrr
    0% 0 votes
    SparkPlug
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

We seem to have tie between 2 contestants , you will both share in a place in the hall of fame but i will let you decide amoung yourself who puts up the next contest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Hmm, I totally missed this thread.
    And why isn't your entry here? It's the best one IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Yeah was wondering the same!

I thought it only fair that the person responsible for creating the contest does not have their entry added to the voting for two reasons:

1) So that they cannot be responsible for 2 consequtive contests

2) To prevent people from rigging the contests in their favour by selecting a topic that they have a particular "niche" for.

I am not going to enforce it so it is up to each individual host.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

It just seems a bit patronising.
    I'm sure it'd be a hollow victory for you, but it'll be an equally hollow victory for the rest of us knowing the best entry was disqualified for being too good. :)

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't really care about winning... I enjoy making them and seeing other peoples entries.
    I'd prefer a format where everyone could suggest themes for the next thread and those themes are what would be voted on... let the pics just be what they are.
    There have been a good few threads where I haven't entered because I couldn't think of anything to do, or I just didn't like the theme in general.
    Granted it wouldn't be much of a compettition if nobody won, but I love looking at Photoshop Phriday and think their themes spawn some hilarious pics.
    Anyway, just throwing that out there... any thoughts?

• Advertisement

I know it seems a bit patronising , its was enirely unintended though .

I complete concor with your points made tho , then best part for me is seeing each person coming up with their own fresh and individual designs and in many cases the outcome of the voting has not always giving a true representation of the best peace when a number of factors are considered. The voting is meant to be light hearted and welcoming and the only benefit to the winner is a place in the new hall of fame, it could be done away with and simply replaced with a gallery containing all works created.

EDIT//Lol was just ahving a look around that site , they did a politcal campaigns contest a month before us :D

Advertisement