Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season Review

Options
  • 05-03-2008 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭

aint got much time so i will make it quick, ill post later again.

the bug issue, did we make progress? answer is simply yes we did. this was our 3rd season.

1st - 10th
    2nd - 7th.
    3rd - 4th.

so that is 3 positions each season. we need to keep this going.
    we finsihed 4th, had the 4th highest amount of wins (9), 4th highest amount of goals (42) and the 4th best defence (25). we also had i think, not sure, 7 clean sheets.

lsat year we conceded 42 goals, to cut this down by 17 is very very good, again that is progress. i think we need another defender or 2 that is for sure, as when we miss one of our strong back 4, we suffer.

this season, we did have a genuine chance of winning the league. however, we only have ourselves to blame. we went from the sublime - 4-2 v fred west, 6-0 v IBM, to the rediculous, 0-1 v IBM, 0-1 V coffin dodgers 3-4 V SS rovers. that was 9 points more we should have picked up at least. likewise, we only got one point off trinity and i know we are miles better than them.

overall, im happy with the season and i enjoyed it. we are a good bunch of lads and not a bad side either. we need to take it up a step and cut out silly mistakes which are killing us bigtime. next season, we need a little bit of luck, but you make your own luck. the table never lies and while disappointed with 4th, i genuinly feel we are better, can do better and will do better. Dunbar were the best team in the league i feel. they were the only team to beat us by more than 1 goal, the rest were 1 goal defeats. thats something.

also, i think we only had 2 yellows this season, so discipline was good.

so, thoughts please, and no negativity please (u listening martin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

my favourite game - fred west ham 4-2
    least favourite - IBM 0-1.

best team performance - fred west ham 4-2
    worst - coffin dodgers 0-1

biggest disappointment - once we ended our winning streak, it knocked us and took 5 games to win one again.

best memory - des being called stan by the old ref.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

so, thoughts please, and no negativity please (u listening martin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    If we're doing a season review, we have to look at everything both positive and negative. FWH won the league with 47pts, which is 19pts more than we have. To have won the league we would have needed to pick up an extra 20pts. Now I, for one, can't really see where we deserved to pick up that amount of points along the way. Sure, we lost some games we didnt deserve to lose but that only makes up 9-10pts, we'd still have fallen way short.

FWH lost only one game, to us. They lost 1 in 18 which you have to give them dues for, we lost 8 in 18. They also scored 19 more goals than us which suggest we need to improve in that area, possibly with midfield chipping in and us working on some set-piece moves, free kicks, corners etc.

Anyway plenty of positives to take out of the season and it's good that we at least know where to start. I'd hate if we just went lashing into the new season without a proper chance to dish out the ideas and maybe a friendly or three. Very good season, but improvements have to be made and we haven't loads of time to get it sorted so I think we shouldn't dwell on beating FWH in some game months ago and focus on the new season which is just around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

u must remember sav, we only picked up 4 points from the last 18.thats where we lost our way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Jaysis. That's quite an eye opener :eek:

Advertisement