Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"ned on the hill"

Options
  • 05-03-2008 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

hi was just wondering is anybody familiar with the fureys album "the spanish cl
    oak" ders a tune on it called "ned on the hill" and its played on a whistle but it seems to go two tones lower than the standard d whistle, does anyone know is this a specially modified whistle?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 The Phantom

I dont know that recording, but i play Eamon an Cnoic (ned of the hill) on a standard d whistle no problem. If thats the tune and you cant go low enough I would guess he is playing it on a Eb whistle.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

according to http://thesession.org

here: (D>E) | G2B2 (AG) |B2g2 (f>d) | (ed/B/) A2B2 | "tr"(G>F) F2 (D>E) | G2B2 (A>G) |
    B2g2 (f>d) | (ed/B/) "tr"A2B2 | (A>B/2A/4) G2 || (De/f/) | g2 (fe) (a>g) |
    f2 (ed/B/) .d(g/f/) | e>d (B/A/G/E/) (G/A/B/d/) | (e>f) (g>a) (g/a/b) | G2B2(AG) |
    B2g2(fd) | (e/d/B/G/) .A2 (G/A/B/d/) | (e/d/B/G/) (A>G) G ||

Advertisement