Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a good rotary hammer drill?

Options
  • 05-03-2008 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good rotary hammer drill (maybe with light chisel function) for about €300? I'm not a big Dewalt fan but I do like Bosch and Makita....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Might not be heavy enough duty for you, but I got a Draper Expert SDS drill recently. About €130. Can't fault it for my needs (mainly drilling, light chiseling work)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭carpainter

Thing is I've got €300 to spend (a gift from someone else to me) so I might as well get the best I can for that money, any more suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

what about one of these?
    Drill

dont know how much they are but are the best..

Yeah, Hilti make great tools but they are just way out there in terms of cost; you'd probably get a good cordless screw driver from them for €300!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 BoylerMan

Carpainter,
    Have a look at this site. I have bought tools from them and have had no problem. Prices are cheaper than here...

http://www.toolshopdirect.co.uk/products.php?c2=88&setcurrency=y&code=EUR

• Advertisement

I'm sorted, getting a Bosch GBH 2-26 rotary hammer drill; all I need now is a traffo!

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

John mac wrote: »
    what about one of these?
    Drill

dont know how much they are but are the best..

Try about €1,300.

Carpainter, if you are in Dublin you will get a 3.3KVA traffo from Plant and Electrical in Park West Industrial Estate. They are the cheapest I have come across.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,103 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

carpainter wrote: »
    I'm sorted, getting a Bosch GBH 2-26 rotary hammer drill; all I need now is a traffo!

It's available in 110 and 230V on axminster.co.uk (I've no connection with them and have never done business with them but have seen others here recommend them.) Will you be working on sites with it, or is it a 'because I am wurf it' DIY purchase? :)

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

carpainter wrote: »

GBH = Grievous Bodily Harm:)

Know nothing about the tool in question but I would check to see if it has a safety clutch on it: if not, when drilling, in wood or masonry, just make sure you grip it so as if u have no thumb: if not it is very easy to break a wrist or a few fingers if it sticks: this is a real risk if drilling hollow-block walls or using timber hole saws
    http://catalog.starrett.com/catalog/catalog/groups.asp?GroupID=199

ninja900 wrote: »
    is it a 'because I am wurf it' DIY purchase? :)
    I am wurf it! Got the traffo for €95 (3.3Kv), but the bits were a rip off!

• Advertisement
Advertisement