Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where can I get my car chipped ??

Options
  • 05-03-2008 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi, I am interested in getting my 05 BMW 520 chipped. Can anyone recommend where I go and would you recommend getting it done. I'm from Dublin. Thanks.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Is it a 520i or 520d?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

These guys are supposed to be good:

http://www.westwardeng.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 deckav

fletch wrote: »
    Is it a 520i or 520d?

Its a 520i petrol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

i asked the same Q about my 1.9tdi being chipped/remapped...

anyone know if its actually worth it?

I don't think I'd be bothered remapping a 520i, without a turbo the gains are going to be negligible.
    As for the 1.9tdi, yes it is definitely worth it. I got an extra 30-40bhp and ~100Nm to torque. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

fletch wrote: »
    I don't think I'd be bothered remapping a 520i, without a turbo the gains are going to be negligible.
    As for the 1.9tdi, yes it is definitely worth it. I got an extra 30-40bhp and 100Nm to torque. :eek:
    is it legal?
    does it have any negative effect on the car?

Einstein wrote: »
    is it legal?
    does it have any negative effect on the car?
    No, once you declare it to your insurance company. My car actually drives a lot smoother now than before, however you have to by sympathetic to the clutch/tyres. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Plenty have used http://www.autoremap.com/ and found them excellent. Give Martin there a shout

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

Is it very expensive to do ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi lads,

My Dad has a BMW 635d.....would there be much of a difference if he got it chipped?

Also, does it have much of an affect on fuel consumption?

My fuel consumption is unchanged.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I wouldn't say its worth chipping a 520i. Where as you can gain 30bhp from chipping a modern turbo diesel 2L, the only effect of chipping a petrol car will be to change the power characteristics of the engine (ie, more lower end power, but less top end power). Save you money and get a 525i instead!

Advertisement