Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL Digital Food Weighing Scales

Options
  • 05-03-2008 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭

Unusual request, but I bought one of these last year. Was very cheap and works great, but true to form I immediately threw away the instructions.

Now it's stuck on Fluid Ozs, and i can't change the damn thing back to metric, no matter what combination of buttons I hold, press or bash really hard. For once, google doesn't have the answer either.

Anyone have the same one and know how to switch between measurement systems? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

What's the actual make of them? I've usually found it quite easy to find manuals and stuff for Lidl products if you go to the original manufacturer's website ... Targa, Kompernass, etc.

Kompernass are the company that make the Bifinett stuff, you could try there if it's one of theirs ...

http://www.kompernass.com/pages/index.php?page=1,3,1,1&brand=bifinett

If not, coincidentally, they've got scales on next week for €14.99 .. you could sneak a look at the instruction manual for one of those :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

What Alun said. Post up the make and model, I can generally find data like that too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I dunno fellas.. I generally like to think of myself among the elite of google-erati,
    using all sorts of masterful techniques, like the pluses, minus, tildas, double quotes, asterisks, and the most powerful of all, the much-feared double dot.
    But so far, my searches have not borne fruit..

It's an ACTIVA 8230 SW/VI, made in PRC. It is identical in every way to this one made by EKS: http://www.eks-int.se/index.php?id=123

I'm still non-the wiser... Think the 'sneak-in and read the manual' is the best strategy.

Call off the witch-hunt. I've figured it out...
    Now, will I write it down, or count on my dicky memory..
    Memory it is.. See you all again in three months time. :)

Thanks for the suggestions..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Good stuff. Post up the make & model anyway, I want to try and find it now.

• Advertisement

It's further up the thread - ACTIVA 8230 SW/VI.
    It seems to be made by a Chinese/Swedish company called EKS.
    Link: http://www.eks-int.se/index.php?id=123

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bibika

I know this is an old thread but I have the same scale and the same I threw out the manual :P
    If you could help me out cuz mine is stuck on fl.oz too. I have had no luck finding anything on the net and my memory is bad :(
    Any help will be greatly appreciated
    Thanks

Now I just turn it on, and press the arrow up button. Not sure why it didn't work at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

If I turn mine upside down there is a small black button that I slide from oz to g?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dominio

I note that more than one has reported this self-same problem with the display on this model mysteriously locked onto the fl.oz. scale (in this case after the display suddenly went haywire right in the middle of use, albeit with no buttons being pressed, probably because the battery voltage had dropped down to 2.94 Volts instead of the full 3V. The unit was then found to be locked in this state when batteries were replaced, though the timer function still operated correctly.

Krusty_Clown (ages ago now) eventually came back to report problem fixed, but did not say how, or whether the unit equally mysteriously restored itself.
    If anyone knows the answer, please do not be shy! Thanks to anyone who reveals all.

• Advertisement

It's a cheap flaky scales, but mine is still working! When the batteries are running low, the scales is less responsive and takes a number of attempts to get it to do what you want. Sorry I can't be more helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nicky M

Hi - I have the same scales and have just obtained a digital version of the instruction sheet from the manufacturer. To change from Fl oz to kg & gs just turn the scales on then press the up arrow once.
    Hope that helps everyone as I only joined the forum to pass on the info having found this forum when searching for the information on the scales :)
    Am happy to pass on other info when needed...
    If I could post the leaflet I would...

Advertisement