Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone / iPod Touch Problems Connecting to 'ulwireless'?

Options
  • 05-03-2008 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Just wondering if any fellow iPhone / iPod Touch users experience problems connecting to 'ulwireless'?

For some reason my iPhone connects perfectly in the CSIS building on the CSLan (not sure of name) network, but in both Schumann and Library it only connects sporadically, and almost never in the Schumann.

Any ideas why this is happening, do I need to specify any settings for the 'ulwireless' network to make it connect better?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Cos Apple make crap gear!

Seriously, I always had problems with my laptop connecting to different networks throughout the college. It wouldnt even see the CSIS networks, but would pick up the library one most of the time.

Can all your other devices connect okay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 kearnsey11

Yep, my iBook connects everywhere, including places where my Windows colleagues can't even pick up the Network.

Wireless in the Schumann was always dodgy though, seems to have gotten worse this semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

My ipod touch works perfect in the csis building - although if your in csg01 - and you move and inch you loose coverage - think its cos the access point is located the far end of the hallway.

As regards the rest of the college the wireless is hit and miss - can get perfect reception in the foundation building and up by stables/java's etc

As regards my macbook similar situation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Slightly off topic I know but my opinion on Apple, especially the Iphone is all style very little substance

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

Have you had any problems syncing the Touch with your UL email?

• Advertisement

You can't sync either iPhone or iPod Touch with UL email as neither support Microsoft Exchange (although that will change in May/June when Apple releases 2.0)

You can access it via the web though...ie through Safari.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Roll on 2.0 indeed! Fun times ahead :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Mac, iPhone or iPod touch users are no longer welcome here....scourge of the earth that you are.

And to answer the question that is on everyones mind right now, yes I have been drinking again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

rmacm wrote: »
    Mac, iPhone or iPod touch users are no longer welcome here....scourge of the earth that you are.

And to answer the question that is on everyones mind right now, yes I have been drinking again.
    This being yet another pointless drunken post by rory, he is banned as an example to the rest of yee. :pac:

Stupid stupid and idiotic silly mactard related posts can be directed towards either the mobiles/pda forum which has a nice thread about the ipwn / nets & comms cos well it kinda deals with network issues...or hey, we have a gawd damn Media Access Control forum. Use it.
    I have been drinking too :pac:

ahem cough!! Quit sending your SPAMage my way D. Remember, im higher up the food chain these days :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

kearnsey11 wrote: »
    You can access it via the web though...ie through Safari.

Good to know - thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 corbo

This post has been deleted.

corbo wrote: »

What are the other settings, incoming / outgoing mail servers (exchangestudent1) etc? I've tried the ITD doc for setting up IMAP but it doesnt seem to work.

Accursed Mac users....scourge of the planet.

rmacm wrote: »
    Accursed Mac users....scourge of the planet.
    Were you not banned for something similar posted above? :pac:

You know this place wouldn't be the same without my drunk posting and hatred of everyone :pac:

One more anti-Mac word outta you Rory and ill ban ya myself! Shush now. Back in yore corner :p

440Hz wrote: »
    One more anti-Mac word outta you Rory and ill ban ya myself! Shush now. Back in yore corner :p

Ah quiet you :p

Quiet you!! Im part of the new brigade around here << avatar! Careful now

• Advertisement

Stick to adverts. You have no banning power here woman :pac:

Just because I shouldn't doesn't mean I can't.

Ah you're safe enough Rory, the moment of rage has passed now.

440Hz wrote: »
    Just because I shouldn't doesn't mean I can't.

Ah you're safe enough Rory, the moment of rage has passed now.
    Just because you can doesn't mean yore allowed :)

Who'd have thunk empty threats would be taken to heart eh!!

Seriously though, only messin. I dont back-seat mod, and I dont abuse my aMod powers. (Just adding this note in cos people have already asked me off the board about this). I was joking.. nothing to see here folks... Back OT

corbo wrote: »

LEGEND! Thanks - works prefectly

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭toushea

Just wondering will i have to provide the ITD Dept with my iPhones MAC Address to access the ulwireless network ?

Hey toushea,

Nope no need to contact ITD - for your email just use the settings posted previously. For wireless, beware that coverage varies greatly around campus, library and CS being the best with Schumann and Main building being almost non-existant!

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭toushea

thanks ive got email working just cant get web working . ah ill sort it im sure

• Advertisement

there's no reason it shouldn't work - you don't need to do anything with settings or anything.

Just search for 'ulwireless' if it doesn't show automatically and once connected you should be fine.

Advertisement