Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exchange needing new transmission gear

Options
  • 05-03-2008 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭

hi

i was going past the local exchange yesterday and there was a few eircom guys there. i stopped and asked when was it going to be broadband enabled. they said they are working on it however the transmission gear needsto be replaced. he said could be waiting a week, could be waiting 6 months for it.

does anyone know if this is a big job or what is involved?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭galway008

Well there will definitely be alot of tea drinking and eating doughnuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Grommet

glineli wrote: »
    hi

i was going past the local exchange yesterday and there was a few eircom guys there. i stopped and asked when was it going to be broadband enabled. they said they are working on it however the transmission gear needsto be replaced. he said could be waiting a week, could be waiting 6 months for it.

does anyone know if this is a big job or what is involved?

Gene, it really depends on what is involved - it can range from something relatively simple like inserting a card into a transmission (SDH) node to replacing or upgrading a radio link to laying new fibre.

I recall you are on the Crusheen exchange - I am assured that while there have been some delays in the work compared to the dates I told you late last year, it is moving along and should be ready to launch in the next few weeks. I hope to get a definite date soon for this one and a few others in the next week or so and if so, I will post them up on the Broadband Where and When sticky thread.

Advertisement