Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Resolved] Is it possible to change username so that old one is not visible anymore?

Options
  • 05-03-2008 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Title says it all really.
    Want a totally fresh profile on boards for numerous reasons but to still have access to my old pm's etc.

Is it possible o wise ones?

A.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

The easiest way to do this is to just download your private messages using the little "Download all Private Messages as:" option at the bottom of your inbox and then sign up for your new account.

This will give you access to your PMs from your desktop (you won't be able to reimport them into your new account).

download_pms_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Aura

Cool, thanks.
    Is it possible to just change name though?

Yes, however your post history, etc, is kept, so if you didn't want your previous posts associated henceforth that would be a problem.

Also the change of name feature is something provided only to Subscribers.

Just tried setting up new account there and can't as email address already registered with old one. Don't want to have to set up new email too been using that one for ages...

Suggestions?

:(

CuLT wrote: »
    Yes, however your post history, etc, is kept, so if you didn't want your previous posts associated henceforth that would be a problem.

Also the change of name feature is something provided only to Subscribers.

Posted at same time as ya there CuLT.
    Am not fee-paying so does that rule out change of name option for me?
    Not too pushed on keeping post history...

• Advertisement

Aura wrote: »
    Posted at same time as ya there CuLT.
    Am not fee-paying so does that rule out change of name option for me?
    Not too pushed on keeping post history...
    Aye, in this case you would need to sign up for a new, if only temporary, email address (like a gmail one) to register a new account.

I mentioned post history simply because if you're trying to shrug off an old profile simply changing your username is rarely enough :)

Thanks for that CuLT.

A.

Advertisement