Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's your favourite stretch to give it some welly?

Options
  • 05-03-2008 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Wondering what others think here. I am just back from my morning spin. Part of my ride was Ballycorus Road in Kilternan from the top (at the garage) to where it sweeps right towards Rathmichael. This is a few minutes of sheer cycling bliss. On Ballycorus Road itself the speedo read 62kmh at one point and there is a beautiful sweeping bend at the Roadstone junction. The surface at the bottom, where the road goes to Rathmichael, with momentum built up is one of those you wish wouldn't end.... Any other adrenalin rushes in for the (hopefully) upcoming good weather? Have bike will travel!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭bunnygreen

Have to agree with you its a great stretch,i do it a lot ,when you reach the roundabout you take the 3rd exit i think and theres a great stretch there,one nice small climb,after that you come to a sign for Bray and a right turn for Enniskerry,theres good clime there,on into Enniskerry and the choice is yours,we have some great cycling areas around Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 infinity&beyond

That stretch of road t the roundabout is simply class. Especially with the wind behind you :D

I love the road back to Dublin from Laragh - lovely sweep into Roundwood and a tremendous downhill section down to the N11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

I love the road back to Dublin from Laragh - lovely sweep into Roundwood and a tremendous downhill section down to the N11.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. However, the "uphill" section to get to Roundwood/Laragh is less than fun. Scenic though...

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭conbob

traffic may not be your style but i feel the n4 from naas towards dublin is brilliant. its a quick journey and its just so much faster than dublin to naas. and that was only on a mountain bike....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭DurtyMurty

Unfortunately, in the bicycle world "What goes down must come up" (again on the way home!):(

• Advertisement
Advertisement