Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OT : Frontlines Fuel of War ?

Options
  • 05-03-2008 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭

I think that's what it's called ...did anyone get it yet ? How did it compare to Battlefield 2 ?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

A few friends have it. There's murder going on over the game on the various forums. It's become embarrassingly clear that Kaos released a beta version of the game. The packaging says it has VOIP and supports the Xbox 360 controller on the PC when in fact it doesn't. Also it doesn't properly support a joystick. The in-game browser is woeful, and the game really doesn't like Vista and a lot of people are complaining that they can't get the game to even start. Also they haven't released dedicated server files for hosters to use, so there are few dedicated servers around.

The shameful fact is that the game could be quite good but it launched with so many features missing or not working that many are switching back to CoD4 or sticking with BF2142 until BF3 comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

mmmm maybe so I'll wait till it comes out on the PS3 or until it's patched on the PC

Don't hold your breath for the PS3 version, as they cancelled that in order to meet the go-live date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭esskay

Don't waste you money. This is a half finished, unbalanced joke of a game. The single player campaign is quite fun but once you go online be prepared for the constant boom of the noob tube 'nade launcher that is used by everybody who can't be bothered to try to aim a rifle.

Cowboys Ted!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

I was in the beta (which was more like the alpha) for the game - it was god-awful - i got some backlash on boards for saying it before the game came out - terrible game, avoid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 .:iE/Dixy

I have this game and have to say it is possibly the worst fps released in the last 5 years. It is not even close to finished. Random crashes on load-up, terrible multi-player game browser and some massive Memory leaks apart from the fact that the people that do play it are as mentioned above are nade launcher whores. Rubbish game to be avoided

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I was in the closed BETA for FFOW, and I can safely say that there has been very little change since the BETA which really is a joke. If they had given the game another year it might have been somewhat decent , but they didn't and the game is a joke as are KAOS really, for gods sake they didn't even have on servers up 3 days after launch!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

Dont Waste Your Monay As I Did.......

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

some crazy americans are trying another one of them class law suits, read it on a webby yesterday cant find the link now

played the beta and found it woeful, theres a fanboy around here somewhere but he must be a developer, cause its such a brutally terrible game

brought it back two days later after purchase and had to get into a heated debate with management because i wasnt accepting a gift card as a refund, the game clearly doesnt have functions it states and it is so buggy and atrosous, got my money anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I think that's what it's called ...did anyone get it yet ? How did it compare to Battlefield 2 ?
    Cheers

Fules of War is one of the best online multiplayer games i've ever played, There is voice support you just need to know how to operate it, online there are 32 players, obviously we can't all talk together so it's broken up into squads, you can talk within your squad....

You have a multitude of weapons, tanks, planes, loads of drones, cluster bombs, the multiplayer is more than I expected from battelfied 3 when ever it arrives..

I don't agree with everyone pasting the game, Anyone returning the game after 48hrs there is no way they could have figured out all the features by then...my bet is they just jumped into the multiplayer couldn't work out why there was no voive got absolutley murderd and deemed the game a crock of **** without really giving it a fair go.....

The single palyer is ok, it's the multiplayer where it comes alive once you've figured out everthing...

Most of my mates who would be hardcore graw players have made the switch along with the rainbow 6 possie...

It's so good I haven't played gears of war in 3 weeks, that's a testomomy to any game...

I've a 360, Can't speak for anyother console but it's definatly one to have if your into fps.....

• Advertisement

Ya but sorry I should have specified on the PC. The xbox360 is the version that is supposed to work ok.

Yea, the Xbox 360 version is supposed to be an alright game, however the PC version is a disaster. No VOIP, server browser is a joke, no support for joysticks or the Xbox 360 controller (although it clearly states that it does on the box).

It's a pale attempt to match BF. When BF3 comes out this year, all that this game will be remembered for is the disaster of a launch it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

+1 for the 360 version here too. Plenty of depth and variety, vehicles, BIG maps, destructable environments, 32 players with minimal lag. Server browser works quite well.

I have converted from BF2 on PC to the 360 and this game IS 'BF3' in my eyes (graphics could be a bit better). Lays down a marker for BF:Bad Company I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

whens BF3 coming out, is there a release date out there ?

Nope, and it has not officially be announced, although the rights all the way up to BF6 or something like that were baught last year. There was rumour that BF3 was going to be coming out late 2008, hopefully it will but I would be surpised if it does seeing as there has been no announcement/strong rumours yet.

Hey all,
    After much moaning about this game on the PC I picked it up for 29.99 (tin box special edition ) in Game and gave it a whirl last night.
    I have to say I really enjoyed it.
    Played online with 64 players and it's very similar to Battlefield 2 but the graphics are brilliant on it. lots of nice features like destructable defenses and drones to control..I didn't experience any lag online and joining a game was quick and painless ...Only issue I saw was the lack of servers to play on...
    Give it a go..

Hmmmm, if I find it that cheap somewhere I think i will pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

From what I read, it's a terrible game,

Anyways, I'm stopped trying to find an alternative to Battlefield, they all fail, I'll wait for BF3 and hopefully it'll be awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

whens bf3 coming out ?

CyberGhost wrote: »
    From what I read, it's a terrible game,
    I have been following this game quite closely, and what I have gathered is that most of the complaints are from people complaining about the game not having all of the features/support it should have. When people are actually talking about the gameplay itself if usually seems to be rather popular. I have only spoken to 2 or 3 people that have played the PC version and they all say that infact it is actually really quite a good game. I am willing to go out on a limb for it and go out and buy it if the price is right ;) .

Anyways, I'm stopped trying to find an alternative to Battlefield, they all fail, I'll wait for BF3 and hopefully it'll be awesome.

Indeed , there really is no point waiting for a game better then BF2, it is a classic at what it does, BF3 might be able to outdo it , but I imagine it will be close.

As for the release date there were roomers of it coming out end of 08, but at this stage I would think it will be well into 09 before we see it in stores.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 khye

I have been playing FFOW now for a few weeks and I have to say it is very very good despite what any reviews may say about it...I am well and truely addicted to the damn thing.

Its a bit like comparing apples and oranges, BF2 is the best game I have ever played online period.

The single player missions on FFOW are amazing, hats off to the developers the storyline keeps you wanting to progress to see what happens next...with the right graphics card the game looks perfect and you really get into the game, (prepare to lose hours of your day though)

The city maps on FFOW are a major departure from the familiar open warfare in BF2 though..(I am refering to the original BF2 not the add ons mind)

At the end of the day, for online play i will always go to BF2, but for a single player game i will definetly be loading up FFOW...

I have completed FFOW about 8 times now and each time it is a completely different experience, I would recommend this game to anyone.

Advertisement