Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Laguna Gear knob replacement

Options
  • 05-03-2008 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    I need to replace the gear knob on my 2000 Mk 1 Laguna.
    Just bought it and it looks like the previous owner (my brother) used a belt sander to change gear....
    On thre RenaultForums they reckon they have to be cut off / pulled off with a pliers from underneath.
    Anybody know different or have doen the deed?
    Also, was wondering bout a replacement, checked the web and all I can see are chrome/sporting/carbon fibre/LED crap for the baseball hat wearing brigade....anybody know where to get normal looking gearknobs from?

Cheers

HB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭want2play

Maybe a Renault garage?

You can get regular gear knobs in most motor factors.
    Whats wrong with baseball caps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

want2play wrote: »
    Maybe a Renault garage?

You can get regular gear knobs in most motor factors.
    Whats wrong with baseball caps?

Well I should have stated I was wantin to avoid Renault garages....very pricy!
    Will have a look in some motor factors, though was gonna buy online....cheers for that.

About the baseball caps, I was just referring to the glanza driving, tracksuit wearing, Elizabeth Duke collecting fraternity.... I wear baseball caps meself, tho just cos I'm too lazy to do summit with me hair :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Why when I hear the words Laguna and Knob do I think of Henry Ford III?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

God only knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Churchy

When you have to cut a gearknob off to replace perhaps he has a point.

Twist on most cars - only a renault would require a trip to a dealer for such a small thing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement