Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shelbourne FC Vs Dundalk FC March 7th

• 05-03-2008 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭

First game of the new League Of Ireland season this Friday, March 7th in Tolka Park, Drumcondra. People should come along. 5 in for kids, 10 for students and 15 for adults. Kicks off at 8 pm. Should be an exciting game as both sides are among the favourites to take the division.

Directions To Tolka Park:
    http://www.shelbournefc.ie/tolkapark.php

Information on the game:
    http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=843

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Not suitable for the North County Dublin forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

On what grounds? Its a club within a 20 minute bus journey from many areas of the northside of Dublin, with a massive portion of its fanbase being northsiders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,000 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

DSB wrote: »
    On what grounds? Its a club within a 20 minute bus journey from many areas of the northside of Dublin, with a massive portion of its fanbase being northsiders.
    There's a huge difference between us good folk of North County Dublin and "northsiders". I think that's what Bluetonic was implying.

This forum is usually used for matters concerning Swords, Rush, Lusk, Skerries, Balbriggan etc. ;)

Haha well I'm from Garristown and its a simple 41 bus away from me, so I think it still applies.

Haha well I'm from Garristown and its a simple 41 bus away from me, so I think it still applies.
    I didn't think Dublin Bus served Garristown! :confused:

• Advertisement

No bus serves Garristown really. But its the nearest Dublin Bus from Garristown.

No bus serves Garristown really. But its the nearest Dublin Bus from Garristown.
    Bus Eireann's 102 service does although not very often.

Yeah its very expensive though. Much easier getting a lift to a busstop with someone going to work. But anyway my point stands, Shelbourne FC is definitely something integrated in the community of North County Dublin. Was the local club for most until these new lads came along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

But anyway my point stands, Shelbourne FC is definitely something integrated in the community of North County Dublin. Was the local club for most until these new lads came along.
    Drogheda united are more integrated into the community of north part of North County Dublin than Shelbourne are to be honest. A southside club squatting on the northside for the last 30 years doesn't really mean much to most ;)

Still fair play to you for trying to drum up support, and best of luck for the forthcoming season, it's not been the same since the Donnelly connection died when Tony did.

Funny I should be posting about Shelbourne, I only looked in my phone the other day and Ollies mobile is in there, probably safe to delete that!

Weren't Shels supposed to be moving to Ballymadrough (near Donabate) a few years ago? Did that proposal go anywhere?

• Advertisement

There was a few ideas mentioned. Nothing has happened yet anywhere, as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

This is really a topic for the soccer forum. Threads don't get moved there due to the access issue. The Sporting Fingal thread can stay as it is region specific. This thread isn't.

Probably best to start a new thread on the soccer forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement