Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Power City Double Discount

• 05-03-2008 12:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

Double discount for online purchases for the next 400 orders. www.powercity.ie if interested. Sorry all taken up now 2:00 pm

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

ninty wrote: »
    Double discount for online purchases for the next 400 orders

How much is the single discount?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭the corpo

it's actually insane how bad that site is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

It use to be 5% to 10% depending on appliance, have contacted power city and awaiting reply,will post if i hear anything but special discount numbers going down fast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I work there and although the site is terrible, it does say what the discount is on each product?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭the corpo

is the price shown in the quotation the final price to pay, or does the double discount kick in after that?

• Advertisement

Have rung them about that,awaiting reply though by the way the numbers are going down offer will be over by time i find out.

Have just been told discount shown is the double discount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Forget about it this site is terrible, slowest ever, each page is taking about 5 mins to load. The only good offer I see is a 3 year extended warranty on all 32" TV's, starting at €499, but they're available elsewhere for less.

Obviously a lot of people using it right now, number down to 270

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

The Sony 37' P3020 at €755 is not a bad deal.

EDIT - price back to €788.45

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Thanks a milion OP - had to buy a replacement hob for the cooker at home, got it for 450 there including delivery as opposed to 480 excluding delivery from DID which was the best I could find at the time. :)

EDIT - Just got a call from power city to say the delivery charge to me should have been listed as 45 not 25 so the cost is now gone up 20. Stupid bastards. :( Still saved a tenner I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

c - 13 wrote: »
    Thanks a milion OP - had to buy a replacement hob for the cooker at home, got it for 450 there including delivery as opposed to 480 excluding delivery from DID which was the best I could find at the time. :)

EDIT - Just got a call from power city to say the delivery charge to me should have been listed as 45 not 25 so the cost is now gone up 20. Stupid bastards. :( Still saved a tenner I guess.

I ordered alot of stuff from them in January and it was 25 for delivery plus fiver for each additional item

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

DingDong wrote: »
    I ordered alot of stuff from them in January and it was 25 for delivery plus fiver for each additional item

Yeah I think its 35 for delivery closer to their offices but ramped up to us out of the way people down here in waterford. Ah well such is life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭pauleoin

Double discount is back on the Power City website for the next 620 purchases

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭doodio

it seems to count "purchases" just by visiting the site.

what a scam, and the discount really isn't that great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

I smell something dodgy here.....

I was looking at a TV before the double discount offers started a few weeks back.

The cut the original discount price. Then with double discount its the as same as the single discount price before all the offers started.

TV cost was 2,400 (with single discount before double discount deals started a few weeks back).

They bumped the TV up to 2,500 (with single discount).

Now its 2400 with double discount.

Still can't complain, its cheaper than anywhere else in the county.

I just don't like it when I smell something dodgy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭doodio

yeah they raised their prices this morning. I was checking out tvs last night and it's the same price with their supposed double discount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭banchang

I just don't like it when I smell something dodgy.

Nor do I, Spannerhead, nor do I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Trying to work that site out for the past two days. Its impossible at best and misleading at worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

The site is indeed terrible (and slow). Had awful trouble figuring it out, but did eventually (just about). Also, you cannot get through to a human being on the phone. You just leave your number and they will get back to you (or not bother as it turns out).

However, maybe the double discount is not a total scam. Our 12 year old telly just died so was looking half heartedly for a 26" lcd telly.

When I checked in this thread I checked out their website and got a 26" LG for €560, (I think it was called LC55). The same telly was €629.95 in DID. I also checked Powercity website again yesterday and the same telly had gone back up to €585.00!

I expected it to be the same price on the website even though the double discount was over, but lo and behold it may have been an actual good deal! Thanks to the OP for the alert.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement