Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using PHP to pass paramters to a JSP

Options
  • 05-03-2008 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

Hey

Just a quick question. I have a php page that takes some input from html fields. I want to pass these values as paramters to a JSP. Any suggestions how I would go about this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

You could pass them in the query string. Also have a look as jsp forms processing, you should find a solution in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

Sorry I should have been clearer. A user inputs some details into a html form. This forms posts to a php page that does some modifications of the information submitted. I then want to post (or is it put?) these new values to a jsp page through the query string eg www.blah.com/blah.jsp?name=joe&phone=whatever

Once this is done Im going to use header to forward the user onto a page that thanks them for their submission.

So without any interaction from a user how can i get php to send this query string (should i be using the curl lib?) to the jsp?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Check out the CURL library for this. Seems ideal for what you want. This allows you to call a URL from your PHP script without redirecting the user.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

I've been playing around with curl and cant seem to get it to pass the paramters to the jsp. Its my first time using it so its probbably an obvious mistake in the code. I'd be grateful if anyone with any experience of using it could have a look.
      $operator = $_POST['operator'];

$phone = $_POST['phone'];

$params = array("phone" => "$phone", "operator" => "$operator");

$ch = curl_init();
      curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, 'http://example.com/Handler.jsp');
      curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1);
      curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $params);
      curl_exec($ch);

A quick search reveals a few people have problems passing the array to curl_setopt.

Best thing seems to be to construct the string yourself.

So
    [php]

$post_string = "";

foreach($params as $k => $v) {
    $post_string .= "$k=".url_encode($v)."&";
    }

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $post_string);

[/php]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I'm not familiar with php but should the variables be enclosed in quotation marks? I've removed them below.
      $operator = $_POST['operator'];

$phone = $_POST['phone'];

[b]  $params = array("phone" => $phone, "operator" => $operator);[/b]

$ch = curl_init();
      curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, 'http://example.com/Handler.jsp');
      curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1);
      curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $params);
      curl_exec($ch); 

Yeah, it's an associative array, so the key names should be enclosed in quotes.

Advertisement