Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[feature request] move thread rather than report post

Options
  • 05-03-2008 1:40pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Is it possible to have a move thread option?
    This would be displayed like the report post option is now.
    Mods get a huge number of reported posts that are really just requests to move the post to some other forum.

thanks,
    MiCr0

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I'm not sure I follow... you mean report a post as a request to be moved?

Or do you mean give users the ability to move their own threads?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

CuLT wrote: »
    I'm not sure I follow... you mean report a post as a request to be moved?

Or do you mean give users the ability to move their own threads?
    Maybe the 2nd one. Though its usually new users who post in the wrong forum and it might be hard to get them to understand how to do it...

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Maybe the 2nd one. Though its usually new users who post in the wrong forum and it might be hard to get them to understand how to do it...
    Well we won't be doing numero two anytime soon because it's just way too open to abuse. It can take a while for people to get the hang of things, we're well aware the site structure is a steep learning curve, which is why people are rarely chastised and never banned for unintentionally posting something in the incorrect forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

If I read it right, instead of having a reported post with a request to "plz move thread to forum x" there's a button which will be "request thread move" which will have the text "plz movie thread to forum x".

I think :/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I can't really see the point of this. What would it do differently to the report post button? If the fuctionality is more or less the same as the report post button then why not stick with the report post button?

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement