Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

outlook question

• 05-03-2008 1:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I have a list of about 200 names/emails in an excel file.. I want to make a mailing list inside outlook. I've made small lists before like with 10 or 15 people on it. I had to add them 1 by 1 tho... Is there a way to import the whole 200 to a group ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Open the excel file and go to File-->Save As. In the file type drop down box, see if there's an option to save as a CSV file (Comma Separated Values). I know it's there in Office 2007 but I can't remember older versions. Then import the CSV file into Outlook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

It's there in Office 2000 also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

not in work so i cant try it .. but will in import all them.. all 200 like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

NeVeR wrote: »
    not in work so i cant try it .. but will in import all them.. all 200 like?

All going well, yes. It'll import them into your address book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

As OP's looking to create a distrib list, rather than just import strangers names into his contact list, it might be better to...

0. The fields used by Excel by default for contact details include
    "Title","First Name","Middle Name","Last Name","Suffix","Company","Department","E-mail Address"
    It might simplify things a touch if you rename the column headers in Excel to match, (though you can map these fields at import time instead). Save as a csv file.

1. Create a new folder in outlook to contain contact items.
    2. Choose File\import and Export\Import from another program or file\Comma Separated values (windows)
    Choose not to overwrite existing and the file to import. Choose your newly created contact folder as the destination. Finish.
    3. Go to contacts, look in the new contacts folder. Create Distribution list, add the newly created users from this folder as members of the list.

• Advertisement
Advertisement