Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conditions this weekend - 8th 9th March

Options
  • 05-03-2008 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

I'm still a bit of a newbie surfer and i'm trying to work out whether this weekend would be good to take a trip west.

I've checked magicseaweed.com and it is saying that only Achill is 'Average surfing' this weekend - that the rest will have little or no surf.

But in combination with beachwizard.com and windguru.com, I think :confused: that maybe Rossknowlagh beach in Bundoran bay might be good Saturday and ok on Sunday. It seems to require different wind and wave directions to the rest of the bay.

Can anyone check my work?? :) I'd love to go surfing this weekend but Achill is just too far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Was just looking at windguru, I'd say any spots on the west coast will be blown out by the looks of it unless the strong winds fail to materialise. Really annoying! I'm not sure about Bundoran.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

It seems to me we only got one decent spell this winter in Feb and I was away for it.:( It can be a frustrating pasttime.

I think I might have forgotten how to surf.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭ariidae

Hehe :)

So correct me if i'm wrong -

Beach Wizward says Rossnowlagh's ideal conditions is SW wind, W swell & High tide.

Wind Guru says the wind will be SW at noon to WSW at 15:00. That the swell will be W.

So is that an all systems go?? ;) Can't find any tidal information but...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭conman78

Go to http://www.bundoransurfco.com and sign up for their surf report to your email every friday. will tell you the main beached and reefs that are best etc including all local wind and tides etc. a very handy tool !!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭ariidae

Cheers :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement