Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Falcon 65nm Core

• 05-03-2008 2:26pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone in Ireland got their hands on a new 360 with the Falcon cores yet?

http://forums.xbox.com/1/15804553/ShowPost.aspx#15804553

I am about to buy a 360 but I'll hold off if it means I get the falcon cores to avoid RROD as much as poss.

Just wondering if they are N.America only or if you can find them in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Yip,

My elite is, dunno what the craic is with core packs though....

Trade in your noisebox and 200 and get an elite.....

Just check the box outside and the sticker should say 175w on it.....

:)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Cool - I don't have any 360 - was just going to buy one but wanted to know if they existed here.

Nice one Fieldog. Cheers.
    Where may I ask did you pick yours up btw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Got one in HMV ~3 months ago with the new chip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Afaik these 360's have been in ireland since november.However, i've noticed no decrease in noise - very annoying when watchin dvds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

There is a slight decrease in noise when there's no disc in the drive with teh new Falcons. But there's a significant difference with no disc in drive(handy for HD DVD)

• Advertisement

I assume you mean a slight decrease with a disc and a significant decrease without a disc.

To be honest I'll not be using it for DVDs - I have a home cinema set up for that. I will use it though to stream media from my PC across my network.

Anyone know if its a gigabit network port on the 360? I have a gigabit network in the house - would be handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

To be honest I'll not be using it for DVDs - I have a home cinema set up for that. I will use it though to stream media from my PC across my network.

Thats good bcos the 360 aint a great upscaler IMO.I also have a ps3 and that does a far better job of upscaling dvds IMO.Its also near silent too:D.Cant beat the 360 for games, though

Good to know - to be honest I normally have the movie turned up so loud that I wouldn't hear a war outside so I doubt i'd hear too much.

I'll have to tinker with the sound settings though on the streamed movies because obviously when you turn up an AVI you'll start to hear the compression.

Excellent - I'm all excited now, just have to wait for payday. Now I have the headache of games to worry about. Have to play Halo3. Then prob Mass Effect. After that I'm stumped because I have a Gaming PC so have played Bioshock, COD4, Oblivion etc.

Tough Life eh? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Supposedly an "improved" version of mass effect is coming to PC in May so if you've a gaming PC that might be a smarter move. For the Xbox though you should definitely get Crackdown. It's a fantastic game that can be picked up pretty cheaply these days.

you should definitely get Crackdown. It's a fantastic game that can be picked up pretty cheaply these days.

20 squids 2nd hand in xtravision, was gonna pick it up but GTA is only round the corner....

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    20 squids 2nd hand in xtravision, was gonna pick it up but GTA is only round the corner....

2nd hand? i'm sure i saw it for 19.99 new in xtravision in limerick a few weeks ago. Either way it's well worth that. It's one of the best games on the console and a hell of a lot more fun that all the halo games put together (that's not difficult though ;))

Just read through a review or two there of Crackdown. Sounds good and if its only 20 bucks it'll do nicely.

GTAIV is definately on the list though. And a major reason for getting thr 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

Cool - I don't have any 360 - was just going to buy one but wanted to know if they existed here.

Nice one Fieldog. Cheers.
    Where may I ask did you pick yours up btw?

You might to hold off buying one for a few weeks, heard there will be a price drop by the end of the month.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a90917/xbox-360-price-cut-later-this-month.html

Might just be for the arcade version though.

2nd hand? i'm sure i saw it for 19.99 new in xtravision in limerick a few weeks ago. Either way it's well worth that. It's one of the best games on the console and a hell of a lot more fun that all the halo games put together (that's not difficult though ;))

Maybe it was new, but it was in a bundle of other games....

Blasphemy bout Halo!

(sticks fingers in ears to drown out jebus' noise)

http://www.360voice.com/tag/Fieldog

Whats my most played game?

2nd surprisingly is SF2!

3rd is pro evo 6!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

doesnt take much to please you lads i see, crackdown is the ****tiest game ive ever played for any console and many people agree with me. dont be telling everyone to buy it when its absolute ****e cop the **** on muppets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

doesnt take much to please you lads i see, crackdown is the ****tiest game ive ever played for any console and many people agree with me. dont be telling everyone to buy it when its absolute ****e cop the **** on muppets

Dude, chill. Possibly cut down on caffeine/sugar intake. Deep breaths also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Jeez where the hell did that come from!! If you can say that its worst game youve ever played, you can hardly have played many games

Id recommend Crackdown.. but its not the best game ive ever played

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

lads its crap, plain and simple.

i played it when i bought it and i couldnt even sit through it even for achievements, so i gave it another chance when me and a mate decided to do the co-op, we didnt even last ten minutes on it because we were both so irritated. so we went and played some call of duty. its mainly the aiming system that annoys me most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

For 20 yoyos I'd definitely recommend crackdown, its gets boring after you complete it and get your guys stats full but you'll get a good few hours of fun out of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Aye, Crackdown is a fantastic game. Well worth €20!

I got my Elite back in Jan and it seems to be a falcon core, but to be honest I've barely noticed any difference in noise levels over my old premium (the hdd clicking is a little more audible actually, which is slightly worrying)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Even if you get the new 65nm core its the cr@??y DVD drive that makes most of the noise on the 360. The 360 won't get any quieter until they change it for a better quality drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭hottstuff

Returned my RROD Elite to Gamestop on Friday & got a brand new Falcon 65nm in return.
    No reports of any failing so far , so am happy enough.

hottstuff wrote: »
    Returned my RROD Elite to Gamestop on Friday & got a brand new Falcon 65nm in return.
    No reports of any failing so far , so am happy enough.

I hate to break this to you dude but I've had a 65nm Falcon (ELITE) die on me and saw a Halo Xbox (also falcon) in a display cabinet with the RROD when i went back to the shop with it.

It's still hit and miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭hottstuff

I hate to break this to you dude but I've had a 65nm Falcon (ELITE) die on me and saw a Halo Xbox (also falcon) in a display cabinet with the RROD when i went back to the shop with it.

It's still hit and miss.

Oh well it's MS and to be expected then.
    Hope mine lasts longer than 5 months.

Advertisement