Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biological Clocks!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Babette08

IMO, Ladies wait till your in your thirties... I have 2 girls and absolutely adore them, they are full of love and happiness and mischief and wouldn't change them for the world.. I think it might matter if your single, depends on the type of person u are really. But its hard work so doing it on your own is bloody admirable.

Just a few pointers for those with no kids on how life changes:

1. You will never lie on again!!

2. A spontaneous ride is a thing of the past

3. A shopping spree is comparable to climbing everest (mammy, mammy,
    mammy, 60,000 times. Its impossible.

4. Heading to the pub for a quickie after work, and u fall out, off your
    trolly at 12. Not possible..

5. A night out costs about €200 euros, babysitters etc

All very negative, I could list 100 positives but my point being, prepare yourselves....:D

It is for all of these reasons that having kids scare the bejesus out of me :eek:...maybe knowing that for once and for all I'll have to grow up and put someone else's needs before my own. Afraid too of doing a bad job with them.

Don't really know when I'll be ready but at the same time don't like the idea of never haven had my own.

Biologically your 20's are the best time to have them but for every other reason I think your 30's are the time to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I find people are very quick to point out the bad things of having children..

I would like to just make a point of saying a few of the nice things.

The hugs and cuddles.

The smell of a new born baby.

The proudness you feel, when they reach a new milestone.

The unconditional love.

Being a mother is a very rewarding job. I dont feel it as a task and I certainly dont feel that I am missing out on things. Spending time with my children is reward to me.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

rain on wrote: »
    Not that much of a leap, just taking my da's feelings on younger parenthood being easier to their logical (or not so logical) conclusion
    I was more referring to the way you said "sounds like the way to do it" regarding your friend who had the baby at 16.
    :rolleyes: oh give over! age is just a number! once you get past 18, it's all relative! :D
    What do you mean? I'm not talking about a big age gap in a relationship, I'm talking about being a parent to an adult as a relatively young adult themselves - there isn't actually a massive gap between 36 and 20. Sure, there's a gap, but these days it's not all that huge, so being a parent to a 20-year-old at 36 is just mind-blowing!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Blush_01 wrote: »
    we're not independently reaching the replacement rate of 2.1 at the moment...

Australia recently introduced incentives for people to have larger families (tax breaks etc) to help combat their aging populaton problem.

I think the campaign slogan was something along the lines of 'have one for yourself, one for him and one for the country!'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

WindSock wrote: »
    Hate other peoples loud and screamy children to be honest.
    My own will be darlings :D

Yes, with immaculate manners, and they won't have snotty noses either :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Dudess wrote: »
    I was more referring to the way you said "sounds like the way to do it" regarding your friend who had the baby at 16.

That was pretty tongue in cheek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

i would like kids some time in early thirties id like four kids but it would all depend on how the first one went. i like to have a house and long term partner etc etc married not a big deal.id like to be young and be able to be active with them.im only 21 though i work with sick kids so it helps curb the broodiness and it freaks me out that a)im broody at my age and b) it totally freaks me out how much can go wrong with kids and how sick they can get.

Quality wrote:
    The smell of a new born baby.

eh what :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

bluewolf wrote: »

You'd have to be there!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

bluewolf wrote: »

Maybe it's a hormonal bonding thing?

Babies are lovely and all (babies! baby fingers! baby toes!), but i've never noticed a smell, beyond the more unpleasant ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

shell63 wrote: »
    I think some people who have a very strong longing to have children are trying to fulfill their need to receive unconditional love. (Don't bite my head off, I'm not saying it to any of ye personally!!! )

There are plenty of adults in this world who don't love their parents. Unconditional love doesn't always last beyond childhood. But thanks anyways - I've had my daughter to fulfill my own neediness for love, it seems. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    cuckoo wrote: »
    Maybe it's a hormonal bonding thing?

Babies are lovely and all (babies! baby fingers! baby toes!), but i've never noticed a smell, beyond the more unpleasant ones.

There is a very unmistakable "new baby" smell - if you put your nose to the top of their heads and inhale deeply, they just smell divine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yeah, I know the pleasant baby smell you're talking about - it is lovely. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 shell63

lmao You'll notice I specifically said I wasn't saying it to anyone personally, so amazed you can manage to take offence (unless you think there's a nugget of truth in there?... Just winding you up!!!!! ;) ) I also said some people are 'trying' to fulfill a need for unconditional love, like yourself I think the reality is a bit more complicated

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Advertisement