Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spin snacks? What's your favourite?

Options
  • 05-03-2008 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭

Do you always have a couple of figrolls in your back pockets too? If not, what is your favourite cycling snack?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cunnins4

I love these. Feckin gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

I usually have a nutrgrain elevenses or if im out on a longer ride a "PowerBar Ride" bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

I quite like the Tesco Finest cranberry bars, although I am attempting to make my own....

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Nutrigrains here too. Usually bring a few of them on a long ride. Also cut the tops off the wrappers before I go to make them easier to eat while on the hoof.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Nutrigrains are pretty good. Bananas too of course, but you have to get to them before they get mashed. Alpen muesli bars taste nice but I'm not sure how healthy they are. I'm planning on making some of these this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Morgan wrote: »
    Nutrigrains are pretty good. Bananas too of course, but you have to get to them before they get mashed. Alpen muesli bars taste nice but I'm not sure how healthy they are. I'm planning on making some of these this evening.
    What about the Banana Guard! http://www.bananaguard.com/
    Make sure your keep it in your back pocket only tho ...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

What about the Banana Guard! http://www.bananaguard.com/
    Make sure your keep it in your back pocket only tho ...

Admit it, you started this thread just to post that link.

el tonto wrote: »
    Admit it, you started this thread just to post that link.
    haha! No actually :)

... I had a cup of tea in front on me and started to crave a Figroll... and I remembered I never brought any for my spin back home tonight ...

Time for a little cycling anecdote while we're on the topic.

Spanish pro Manuel "Triki" Beltran acquired his nickname because he used to always have a packet of biscuits in his jersey pocket.

"Triki" is the name of the Cookie Monster in the Spanish version of Sesame Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭trinewbie

Those bannana guards are ridiculous, I got one from chain reaction a while back, I thought a bannana would fit snugly inside but no - the thing is fecking MASSIVE! No use on a spin unless your bringing a camelback...its around 10 inches long and could be used as a .....weapon. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

^^ there's a gag waiting to be made here but i can't find it. anyone?

i generally avoid eating on the bike but i am partial to opalfruits (yes i know they've been called starburst for years but i'm traditional). pure sugar though.

trinewbie wrote: »
    ...its around 10 inches long and could be used as a .....weapon. :p

Men in lycra fighting eachother with banana guards. I'd pay good money to see that.

Edit: Or you could use them to clear pedestrians off the cycle path in the Phoenix Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭trinewbie

el tonto wrote: »
    Men in lycra fighting eachother with banana guards. I'd pay good money to see that.

Edit: Or you could use them to clear pedestrians off the cycle path in the Phoenix Park.

Men in Lycra....10 inch longs "bananna"weapons, the phoenix park?????!!

Jaysus...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Sounds bananas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Snapper1

A potential banana-skin for the cycling community

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

I stay away from the norm of gels and power bars save them for racing just stick to the kelloggs bars or home made flap jacks or mid trainning spin just do a quick coffee stop which is always good.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

Bananas and some fig rolls usually work for me but I also like the High 5 power bars(banana flavour!). These bars are two euro each however from my LBS, come to think of it I suppose they would be cheaper to buy on the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

I'm not particular at all, just throw whatever bar comes to hand into me - you might say I'm a whore for the bars...

I'm not particular at all, just throw whatever bar comes to hand into me - you might say I'm a whore for the bars...

MMMmmmm jacob's FigRoll Bars ... too bad ther don't do 'Bottles/flasks' for cyclists to bring our tea along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Studoc

Jaffa cakes, Lidl ones especially. Yum. Seem able to digest them much easier than others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Those little bags of raisins from McDonalds happy meals are ideal -handy to carry, ideal snack size and if you don't use them, they'll do for the next time.
    Obtaining them is proving quite unhealthy for my kids though ....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

too bad ther don't do 'Bottles/flasks' for cyclists to bring our tea along.
    Err, they do!
    1.5hr 'thermal performance' for e10.42.
    For longer rides there are 3 or 4 hour thermal performance models.

daymobrew wrote: »
    Err, they do!
    1.5hr 'thermal performance' for e10.42.
    For longer rides there are 3 or 4 hour thermal performance models.

Halleluia!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Tracker bars.MMM
    Fig roles
    A bannana
    nutri grains
    All good high energy foods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭zorkmundsson

Morgan wrote: »
    i, also, will be spending my friday night making flapjacks. they look top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭conbob

Do you always have a couple of figrolls in your back pockets too? If not, what is your favourite cycling snack?

was out cyclin and thought of the exact same thing!! haha i go for apples,oranges, bananas and milka chocolate :p

Advertisement